Author Topic: What have you been eating?  (Read 88585 times)

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: What have you been eating?
« Reply #285 on: May 08, 2016, 04:08:00 PM »
"Had" during the time of your much-lamented absence from these parts of the interwebs :P

Look forward to seeing what comes next anyhow! :)
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

Koobazaur

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Koobazaur's Domain
    • Awards
« Reply #286 on: May 08, 2016, 06:52:02 PM »
Aww thanks, nice to hear someone actually missed me ;) I wish this site was more lively so there was more to participate in besides this thread really!
Check out my upcoming Indie Game Karaski:What Goes Up... - You're one of five suspects of a sabotage onboard a 1920s Slavic Airship. Find the culprit or confess your crime in an open-ended, detective adventure game.

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #287 on: May 08, 2016, 07:09:15 PM »
Yeah, I do my best to recruit and push things forwards but I have an exam and a conference coming up which are taking a lot of time, and I need to get more done on our 2016 convention organising too :/

What sorts of things/threads do you think it would be good to have more of?
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #288 on: May 08, 2016, 11:34:32 PM »
Also (sorry for doublepost) to get back on topic:

Omnomnom smoked salmon. :)

comrade_general

« Reply #289 on: May 09, 2016, 12:49:52 AM »
Ewwww I'm not big on fish unless it's deep fried.

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #290 on: May 09, 2016, 10:30:54 AM »
Cooked/baked fish I'm less a fan of, but shellfish and smoked fish are the best of things.

Koobazaur

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Koobazaur's Domain
    • Awards
« Reply #291 on: May 09, 2016, 07:25:47 PM »

Smoked salmon is not quite regular fish tho; while it has fishy taste it's a category of its own. I used to hate fish growing up but after Japan and some good sushi I changed my mind ;p

As for my eating, I just tried Halusky, noodle-dumplings in goat cheese with bacon. I'm not big on noodles but these were daaaamn good. Altho we don't have this specific dish Slovakian food is quite similar to Polish, unsurprisingly. We have "kluski leniwe" which are bit similar but thicker and served sweet most of the time.

What sorts of things/threads do you think it would be good to have more of?

Well, anything partaining to my interests hehe ;) But in general, I always find the "what game are you playing / movie watching / book reading / etc. right now?" type megathreads to be pretty popular in other forums. Otherwise, I think its more about a good community with sufficiently similar interests than one particular type of thread.
Check out my upcoming Indie Game Karaski:What Goes Up... - You're one of five suspects of a sabotage onboard a 1920s Slavic Airship. Find the culprit or confess your crime in an open-ended, detective adventure game.

Glaurung

• Sakellarios
    Financial Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #292 on: May 09, 2016, 09:40:24 PM »
I'm in Spain at the moment. I've just had some "bacalao dorado" - the name translates as "gilded cod", so I wasn't quite sure what I was going to get. It turned out to be flaked cod, mixed with scrambled egg, chopped boiled potatoes (I think) and some other vegetable a bit like beansprouts. Very tasty and filling :) I think I've had something similar in Portugal, under the name "bacalhao a Bras".

CG: you should visit Portugal some time. They reputedly have a different way of cooking cod (bacalhao) for each day of the year, and plenty of other fish on the menu too. I'm sure you'd find something you liked.

Clockwork

• Charming Prince of Darkness
  • Citizens
    Voting Member
  • Bitter? Me? portugal no, I think it's hilarious.
  • Awards Came first in the Summer 2020 Exilian forum pub quiz
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #293 on: May 10, 2016, 01:59:32 PM »
I had that while I was in Spain, it's great!

@Koob, I made a couple of threads to share anime/web shows and I'll make one for vidya gaems.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2016, 02:20:29 PM by Clockwork »
Once you realize what a joke everything is, being the Comedian is the only thing that makes sense.

Koobazaur

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Koobazaur's Domain
    • Awards
« Reply #294 on: May 18, 2016, 10:09:17 PM »
Traveling cross-Europe reminded me how mediocre Polish beers are... Le Sigh

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #295 on: May 18, 2016, 11:16:37 PM »
Yay for the European Bison though? :)

I might do some baking tomorrow, I have all the ingredients to...

Lady Grey

• Patrikios
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #296 on: May 22, 2016, 11:22:16 PM »
I really want to start eating more healthy foods, so I'm currently marinading some chicken to have with bean salad for lunches. I've been finding that things like pasta, bread, potatoes etc. have been making me feel too full recently.

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #297 on: May 22, 2016, 11:52:16 PM »
I bought some rosemary recently. It turns out it goes well on my bread recipe and on the crumpet pizzas :)

Chicken is nice :) I feel I should eat less meat & dairy in general, but I'm not entirely sure what to eat instead. I'm not a huge fan of cooked pulses; I should probably try more vegetarian pasta options but a lot of those seem to be either quite dull or quite costly.

Koobazaur

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Koobazaur's Domain
    • Awards
« Reply #298 on: June 01, 2016, 06:58:19 PM »
Oi i used to bake bread for my roommates when i was in my masters. I'd put all sorts of herbs to make it more interesting. I remember rosemary working particularly well indeed :) gave it that genuine Italian taste ;p

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #299 on: June 01, 2016, 11:33:35 PM »
I should try making Italian breads at some point, I've mostly made Caucasian and central Asian ones to date.