Author Topic: Hey cool people.  (Read 5956 times)

CaptainNips

• View Profile
    • Awards
Hey cool people.
« on: November 12, 2014, 12:36:17 PM »
Hello all! You can call me Captain or... Nips. That might feel weird though! Haha, or say the whole thing if ya want. Your great KHAAAAAAAAAAAANN sent me here. I met him on a Metro 2033 RP site, where I act as a member of staff.

Anyways. I'm a guy, 16. I'm from Texas but live in Japan, where I go to an international school. My interests lie in history, science, reading, writing and music. I have a brutal relationship with math... which is probably why I slowly drifted away from learning javascript after a few lessons on code academy. Games are still a great enjoyment of mine, though. Ever since the Last of Us and Red Dead Redemption and all those other tear-jerkers, I am convinced games are one of the best mediums of storytelling. Big movie and documentary buff here too.

I love any kind of writing. From poems, short stories, to songwriting, I find enjoyment in all of it! Last summer, a novella I co-wrote with a friend was finally finished. Being fantasy fans we just had to go all Tolkien on it as well, creating a whole background and history for this one world. I'm also working on a sci-fi choose-your-own using the inklewriter tool, which has slowed with the emergence of a new post-apocalyptic novel idea of mine. Music is my other love. I enjoy all genres and think each one has good representatives. I write music but do not know music theory... which explains why I am huge fan of punk and am one myself XD. Classic and anarcho-punk is more my forte (Dead Kennedys, Clash, Subhumans, Black Flag, Crass, UK Subs, etc). But again, I enjoy all music!

That's basically me in a nutshell. I really look forward to this site and do think it'll help to accelerate all of my creative processes. Even better, maybe I'll try an attempt at coding and modding again...? I'll be taking this community slowly, life and its many responsibilities, so bear with me if I stutter in activity until the holidays. Thanks!

...... I just realized there are Lotr emojis! This site earns 1,000 cool points. Also saw there was a dude name Glaurung here. It took much restraint to not change my alias to Turin Turambar.  :gollum:

"You must learn to live with your own conscience, your own morality, your own decision, your own self. You alone can do it. There is no authority but yourself." -- Yes Sir, I will, by Crass

"There is nothing to writing. All you do is sit at a typewriter and bleed." -- Ernest Hemingway.

Othko97

• SotK Beta
  • Patrikios
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Personal Site
    • Awards
Re: Hey cool people.
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2014, 12:52:43 PM »
Welcome to Exilian! You have a great taste in music Captain!
I am Othko, He who fell from the highest of places, Lord of That Bit Between High Places and Low Places Through Which One Falls In Transit Between them!

CaptainNips

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2014, 01:01:01 PM »
Thanks! Forgot to mention that I've been playing guitar for around five years now. By looking at some other people's profiles I can see there are lots of others who play too.
"You must learn to live with your own conscience, your own morality, your own decision, your own self. You alone can do it. There is no authority but yourself." -- Yes Sir, I will, by Crass

"There is nothing to writing. All you do is sit at a typewriter and bleed." -- Ernest Hemingway.

Glaurung

• Sakellarios
    Financial Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2014, 01:49:38 PM »
Hi there, CaptainNips! Welcome to Exilian. I hope you have a great time here. As you may have seen, there are forums here where you can talk about writing and music, both your own and others', and even post examples of both - please feel free to do so.

Also saw there was a dude name Glaurung here. It took much restraint to not change my alias to Turin Turambar.
If you promise not to stick your sword in me, I won't hypnotise you or sack your city, OK?

Pentagathus

• King of the Wibulnibs
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2014, 01:54:55 PM »
Captain my captain! How do you feel about The Captain?

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2014, 02:38:23 PM »
Are you feeling OK Penty? (For the record, I think this is the most positive greeting to a new member Pentagathus has EVER given, literally) :P

More importantly, welcome! :) I also do a fair bit of coding, and guitar playing, and writing and suchlike. Do post your current/past projects for us to take a nose through!
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

Lady Grey

• Patrikios
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2014, 08:00:54 PM »
Hello and welcome to Exilian!

I'm MoD, and I bake things, sing and write :)

Cuddly Khan

• Silhouette in Disguise
  • Patrikios
    Voting Member
  • PURGE THE BOTS!!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2014, 12:16:53 AM »
Was that first bit a reference to the Dead Poets Society? Great movie. :)

Anyway, welcome Nips. I hope your stay will be prosperous and lengthy. ;D
Most effective elected official. Ever. (not counting Jubal)

He is Jubal the modder, Jubal the wayfarer, Jubal the admin. And he has come to me now, at the turning of the tide.

CaptainNips

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2014, 12:09:45 PM »
Thanks for the many warm welcomes peeps. Just had a busy weekend to deal with, but I'm back! Glad to be here.

Pentagathus

• King of the Wibulnibs
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2014, 04:09:42 PM »
Was that first bit a reference to the Dead Poets Society?
No. It was a reference to Captain Morgans.

Cuddly Khan

• Silhouette in Disguise
  • Patrikios
    Voting Member
  • PURGE THE BOTS!!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2014, 07:55:45 PM »
Was that first bit a reference to the Dead Poets Society?
No. It was a reference to Captain Morgans.
So in Dead Poets Society they referred to Captain Morgans... I get it now!

Thanks for the many warm welcomes peeps. Just had a busy weekend to deal with, but I'm back! Glad to be here.
Wooo! He'd back! :D

He is Jubal the modder, Jubal the wayfarer, Jubal the admin. And he has come to me now, at the turning of the tide.

boyka

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2014, 06:28:23 AM »
Hello to all Exillians here!

Glaurung

• Sakellarios
    Financial Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2014, 07:15:49 AM »
Hello boyka! Welcome to Exilian - I hope you enjoy being here.

Cuddly Khan

• Silhouette in Disguise
  • Patrikios
    Voting Member
  • PURGE THE BOTS!!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2014, 08:04:52 PM »
Hey boyka! Willkommen! Would you like to create a new thread to introduce yourself?

Pentagathus

• King of the Wibulnibs
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2014, 08:07:46 PM »
Don't bother, no one shall appreciate the effort. No one here likes new people. Go away they would say. Like nasty little hobbitsses.