Author Topic: Adventures of Soros - FAQs and Players' Guide  (Read 5947 times)

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Adventures of Soros - FAQs and Players' Guide
« on: November 17, 2014, 12:09:01 AM »
FAQs

The Basics

How do I install this thing?
The game is currently in development stages. To install the testing version, you need the latest version of Python for your operating system:
https://www.python.org/downloads/
Once you've installed that, you just download the test version here:
Save it to a folder anywhere on your computer, and double-click on execute.py to run the game.

None of the images move at all! I can't click on them to do things!
Welcome to text parsers, sunshine. None of your fancy 1990s point and click armadillos here. More seriously, if you're stuck, try the next question.

No, seriously, how do I play?
Type commands into the text box! The HELP command gives you a basic overview, and if you visit the old man in Follock he gives more detailed advice.

Useful basic commands include:
  • Movement: N/S/E/W work, also GO (place) eg GO TAVERN, or LEAVE, which just leaves the room/building.
  • Talking: TALK (person), eg TALK MAN or TALK PRIEST (in future versions TALK TO may be a permissible substitute, but this currently does not work so just use TALK).
  • In combat: ATTACK is your basic attack command. You can also attempt to FLEE.
  • BUY items to buy them, eg BUY BEER
  • Remember that ALLCAPS text often indicates things that should be used in commands, and occasionally will give you the whole command you need to use.
What gender is my character? How do I set my character's gender?
I'm glad you asked! AoS uses radical new headcanon(tm) technology for its gender feature. It's really simple to use! First, create your character. Then close your eyes and imagine your character and what gender you think they are. Congratulations, your character is now that gender and nobody can tell you otherwise! This system has the advantage of total flexibility as to what gender you choose, and you can even change your headcanon-gender during gameplay.

This game is terrible and deserves to be burned.
Go on then, flamethrower your screen. I dares ya.

My Character

~To be Written~

Quests

Is there a log of quests?
No. Terrifyingly, the NPCs in AoS expect you to remember things like "Please go and kill all the goblin thieves that are terrorising travellers."

The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Adventures of Soros - FAQs and Players' Guide
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2014, 12:09:21 AM »
~Placeholder for players' guide~
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...