Author Topic: Arrow / The Flash  (Read 4150 times)

SaidaiSloth

• King of the sloths
  • Patrikios
    Voting Member
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Arrow / The Flash
« on: December 10, 2014, 10:23:56 AM »
As with Agents of SHIELD, this went from pretty alright to pretty good to.... well I can't say its gotten to Agents level of glorious..-ness

It is, despite its dark and edgy tone, quite a fun show. The arrow acrobatics and fight choreography are very enjoyable, and there is a healthy dose of humour.

One thing I don't like is the overuse of blood. It seems like they're trying too hard to be super edgy and dark and holy armadillo blood, trying to make the most use of their TV-14 rating.
But sometimes it just looks stupid.

Anyway, discuss and such.
ADORABLENESS WARNING
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

comrade_general

Re: Arrow / The Flash
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2014, 10:53:37 AM »
Hot women.

Flamekebab

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2014, 11:47:30 PM »
More Felicity Smoke, less of the other female characters. She makes me laugh while the others just seem to be there as eye candy. I say that because I don't find their characters even remotely interesting. This isn't true of the lab team in The Flash - whatever her name is she has personality.

comrade_general

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2014, 11:49:59 PM »
whatever her name is
Personality, mmm, yes.

Flamekebab

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2014, 02:30:16 AM »
Well I've watched virtually all of Arrow and the handful of The Flash episodes that have aired so far. I think I can be let off only knowing Barry's name so far!

Neither Laurel nor Thea strike me as characters I can care about. Dr. Caitlin Snow at least doesn't aggravate me every second she's on screen!

Clockwork

• Charming Prince of Darkness
  • Citizens
    Voting Member
  • Bitter? Me? portugal no, I think it's hilarious.
  • Awards Came first in the Summer 2020 Exilian forum pub quiz
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2015, 08:37:53 PM »
Finished S03 Arrow last night and the last episode of The Flash is on tonight. Apparently S04 Arrow won't have Arrow in it....

Arrow is great, Felicity is the best character but I also like American Effy-from-skins. I thought the dynamic of the suicide squad is pretty awesome with Deadshot in particular being a stand-out character, nicely evolving over 3 seasons.

Stephen Amell keeps looking at peoples foreheads or over their heads instead of looking in their eyes which is a bit weird but he's definitely passable as a human being now. Arrow still sufferers from being too hung up on a single theme (lying is bad m'kay) but I guess I've gotten used to it. Arsenal is a really good character I thought he was just going to be Arrows mini-me but he actually developed his own thing. I did think Atom didn't get enough screen time but that's mainly because Routh is both charming and gorgeous.

In The Flash I don't think the guy playing Allen is particularly good but he's passable. I really don't like Iris being so melodramatic about the slightest things, I do like Wells I think he's awesome at being sly and shifty. I'm glad they also didn't just spring the twist on the viewer at the 11th hour. Sick of that being done :D

All in all, very much enjoyed watching both series and looking forward to more of both as well as DC's Legends of Tomorrow.

EDIT: Also I'd have to say that the shows have better storylines and better way to present the heroes than the actual comics. Which is a line I did not expect to take at all. In fact I was going into all series with an expectation of them fluffing the narrative in favour of acrobatics and romance subplots.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2015, 07:27:55 PM by Colossus »
Once you realize what a joke everything is, being the Comedian is the only thing that makes sense.

SaidaiSloth

• King of the sloths
  • Patrikios
    Voting Member
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2015, 03:16:42 AM »
Oliver will definitely be back.
He'll be happier next season, they're doing a sort've soft reboot thing where he'll come back as more of a joke cracking, comic style Green Arrow.
Flash finale was amazing... why do the best characters always have to die (Tommy, Eddie)
Iris is a lot better now, and another one of your minority opinions, most people (including myself) haven't enjoyed Felicity this season. (BUT OLIVER!!!!!!!!)
ADORABLENESS WARNING
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Clockwork

• Charming Prince of Darkness
  • Citizens
    Voting Member
  • Bitter? Me? portugal no, I think it's hilarious.
  • Awards Came first in the Summer 2020 Exilian forum pub quiz
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2015, 04:37:03 PM »
Yeah I heard that too but I also heard he won't be back as Arrow which makes me think they'll do something different with the character.

Tommy was a best character though?? I didn't like him all that much, he was okay but the personality change was way too quick for me.

I don't think it's a minority opinion though, everyone I know has said she was better in this season. For me, season 3 felicity got more of a backbone and more of a character with actual wants and ambitions other than: I want Oliver. She should have been so pissed off at Oli at the end of season 2 and I reckon there should have been a little cooling off perhaps but that might have made the start really slow. Her backstory episode, however, was just plain bad.
Once you realize what a joke everything is, being the Comedian is the only thing that makes sense.