Author Topic: Bannerlord Blog No. 9 - Ethnic Instruments  (Read 4907 times)

DeepComet5581

• Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
  • Kitten with a Camera
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
    • Awards
Bannerlord Blog No. 9 - Ethnic Instruments
« on: January 21, 2015, 07:50:10 PM »
Hi Guys!

Taleworlds have come out with a new blog, brought to us courtesy of Finn Seliger of Periscope Studio, a German audio design company that will be behind all the lovely, authentic music that will grace our ears as we become aroused by the level of detail in Bannerlord.

The blog goes fairly in depth in describing the types of music they wanted to create, and the instruments they are using to achieve this. It even gives us a little taster (Come on, this is Taleworlds!) of what the music will end up being like.

One of the things that Warband REALLY lacked was a reasonable variety of good music. Many mods did, of course, add music in to the game, but to me it never sounded quite right.

Linky Link
https://www.taleworlds.com/en/Games/Bannerlord/Blog/11

So, what do we think? Does the sample they give show a promising future? Are we hoping for any particular styles for the factions?
I used to do actual stuff around here, don't you know?

I would be ever so grateful if you would visit my YouTube Channel :)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsLjOCNLe0ECID84Y3nrEjQ

Cuddly Khan

• Silhouette in Disguise
  • Patrikios
    Voting Member
  • PURGE THE BOTS!!
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Bannerlord Blog No. 9 - Ethnic Instruments
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2015, 01:50:45 PM »
Epicness all around.... that is all I can say about it...

It's pure epic magic!

I think M&B 2 will be DA BOMB!

EDIT: Listening to them a bit more, it seems that they do fit well, I mean, the one they have for Khuzait REALLY reminds me of Mongols. All the rest of them, I don't really know what factions they coincide with with the old ones, as they've changed all the names, but I'm guessing Khuzait is the same as or very similar to Khergit. I suppose Empire would be Swadia. By the sound of the music, Aserai sounded a lot like Sarranid Sultanate. I'm only sort of guessing as to what the other three are, but I THINK Battania will be the replacement for the Nords.

EDIT2: I read through the rest of the blog and found out that most of that is already explained... and I was wrong about Battania... trust Taleworlds, not me. But seriously, this music is awesomely cool in the most radically epic way! I just love it so much!

EDIT3: OK, I hope they're going to have Antialiasing...
« Last Edit: January 22, 2015, 02:04:04 PM by The Khan »
Most effective elected official. Ever. (not counting Jubal)

He is Jubal the modder, Jubal the wayfarer, Jubal the admin. And he has come to me now, at the turning of the tide.