Author Topic: Summer Reading Challenge  (Read 2537 times)

Lizard

• View Profile
    • Awards
Summer Reading Challenge
« on: February 03, 2015, 12:59:03 PM »
Not so much 'games' as 'gamification', but still in conjunction with my studio so here goes...

Remember those summer reading challenges the library used to run/runs for kids? Remember thinking you were never as productive with your reading now as you were when people where giving you shiny stickers for progress?

Interested in gamification and the reading process, including improving adult literacy and finishing books faster?

Then you should DEFINITELY comment on this thread and PM your email address to me, so I can keep you updated on this project as it progresses! Tentatively titled "Six Weeks In Summer", this challenge could see you reading books faster than ever before, within a community of like-minded readers!

Anyone interested in helping with the project, such as discussing the gamification aspects, moderating forums, or other help I haven't thought of, should definitely get in contact too.
A coder, a hoodie, a coffee pot, a robot.

"A ship in port is safe, but that is not what ships are built for."

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Summer Reading Challenge
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2015, 02:35:46 PM »
Quack :)
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

Pentagathus

• King of the Wibulnibs
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Summer Reading Challenge
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2015, 04:48:20 PM »
Hoot?