Author Topic: Animus  (Read 2968 times)

Clockwork

• Charming Prince of Darkness
  • Citizens
    Voting Member
  • Bitter? Me? portugal no, I think it's hilarious.
  • Awards Came first in the Summer 2020 Exilian forum pub quiz
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Animus
« on: February 26, 2015, 12:36:14 PM »
Any good anime you want people to know about. Bam. Right here, right now. Or whenever you feel like it.

Psycho Pass, it's a Japanese Minority Report with an 18+ sticker and a cool look into thought crime and police states.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2016, 02:02:30 PM by Clockwork »
Once you realize what a joke everything is, being the Comedian is the only thing that makes sense.

Clockwork

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Animus
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2016, 01:54:55 AM »
Imgur posted a list and I picked out the best.

Monster
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Ghost in the shell:stand alone complex
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

If anyone wants Psycho Pass or Ghost in the Shell, send me a message I know where to get them.

Every day I get a little closer to becoming a weeb.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2016, 03:39:34 AM by Clockwork »
Once you realize what a joke everything is, being the Comedian is the only thing that makes sense.

Clockwork

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2016, 01:37:10 AM »
I've been watching Ghost in the Shell Stand Alone Complex and it's great. Kusanagi is a compelling lead character, each story arc has something different about it and aren't resolved the same way at all. The animation quality is possibly second to none, really it's absolutely fantastic. And it shies away from the over-the-top facial expressions in a lot of anime which I don't like.

Overall the setting is near future where cyborgs/transhumans are about and there's a matrix like hub instead of the internet. Major Kusanagi is the leader of a crime fighting, specifically tech-crime, unit and the series follows her and shows the audience a cool semi-cyberpunk future.

Word of warning though - the tachikoma robots are annoying. If you can stand them, they're the worst part of the otherwise fantastic show.

Cuddly Khan

• Silhouette in Disguise
  • Patrikios
    Voting Member
  • PURGE THE BOTS!!
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2016, 01:54:06 AM »
Durarara is my favourite anime. ;D
Most effective elected official. Ever. (not counting Jubal)

He is Jubal the modder, Jubal the wayfarer, Jubal the admin. And he has come to me now, at the turning of the tide.

Clockwork

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2016, 02:21:16 AM »
I've not seen that Khan, what's it about? I read a synopsis but I have less idea than when I knew nothing.

Just got myself Cowboy Bebop which I'm looking forward to :D

EDIT: It has an awesome intro! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aw3fN3OPk3A

I'm stepping closer to weeb so a word of warning; you may think like I did, that this will never happen, anime surely can't tempt you, you might ask 'why don't they just live act things like normal people?' but one day it will happen to you too. The change will be slight at first, you have a fondness for over-the-top action, stoically determined yet sassy characters and inexplicably large asian breasts... or perhaps 4chan was your calling all along? Do you find strength in resisting, or are you merely afraid of temptation? Such actions are yours and yours alone but I leave you with this: you are at a critical junction, the next move will shape your destiny and perhaps that of the galaxy for years to come.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2016, 08:58:42 AM by Clockwork »

Clockwork

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2016, 07:54:01 AM »
Just finished Stand Alone Complex and the finale was awesome! I'm still trying to find the next series in English though :/