Author Topic: Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Developer Blog 10 - Materialistic Approaches  (Read 4567 times)

DeepComet5581

• Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
  • Kitten with a Camera
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
    • Awards
Hello everyone!

Taleworlds seem to be stepping up the pace with their blogs (Even if only slightly), and they have now released number 10, which covers interactions with NPCs.

https://www.taleworlds.com/en/Games/Bannerlord/Blog/12

In the previous games, interaction between player and non-player characters was pretty lacklustre and predictable. Every item had an assigned base value, which only really changed based on it's quality, and the player party's Trading skill. Under a new "Bartering" system, each item (Including Gold) carries a certain bargaining weight to it, dependent on factors such as the the player's relation to the NPC and the individual needs of that NPC, as well as traditional skill scoring.

In my ideal world, this would lend credence to encounters with NPCs whereby they would be desperate for a particular item (Such as food), and would be willing to trade something disproportionately valuable for it (I once paid £5 for a slice of pizza, because I was hungry :gollum: ).

The system will also govern your interactions with Lords of other factions, as well as the interactions between the Lords themselves. Lords defecting to a particular faction will now have some logic behind it, and defections will be based upon a specific interaction between a King and a Lord, rather than the algorithmic randomness we saw in Warband. It's logical to assume that the same system will also manage friendships, rivalries and marriages.

See you guys soon!
I used to do actual stuff around here, don't you know?

I would be ever so grateful if you would visit my YouTube Channel :)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsLjOCNLe0ECID84Y3nrEjQ

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Ooh, I really like the look of this - I'm glad to see that Bannerlord's working hard on the game depth as well as the graphics side.  :)
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...