Author Topic: What might you bring/do?  (Read 4628 times)

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
What might you bring/do?
« on: April 17, 2015, 07:04:28 PM »
This is for suggestions for exhibits, performances, and workshops you might like to put on.

Note that exhibition stands cost £5, or £2 with the Exilian discount. We (obviously) won't charge you for space you need for workshops or performances!
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

Flamekebab

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: What might you bring/do?
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2015, 06:53:02 PM »
I have both a gaming mat (this one) and a box of terrain suitable for something ~28mm Heroic if we want to setup a gaming table. The mat is 8' x 4' so two of the smaller tables should do the trick nicely if we want to go that route.

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2015, 07:49:36 PM »
I'm definitely planning to have a stand, but I'll probably make it mostly a display thingy so I can spend a bit of time on it but mostly do other stuff - I feel like there are too many other things I can and should be doing for it to be a good idea to stick me at the back of the exhibition section all day!

My current thoughts:
  • I'll do at least one lightbulb talk, possibly two. An intro to the Somali Mythology project might be a good one perhaps? And I could also do a modding one or something potentially.
  • I'd like to run a world building workshop of some kind at some point, if people think that would be of interest?
  • Games testing. Now, several of my games have quite long play-times, particularly Hetairos (which is about a 3 hour job, it's great fun but it's a full evening of said fun), but I'd like to run tests of Age of Tyrants and we can definitely easily run Mr Pickles given that takes only about 20 mins per playthrough.
  • Would it be good to have a talk on what the hell Exilian is about and is trying to do, at some stage?

Very much yes to one or two nicely laid out 28mm tables.
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

Glaurung

• Sakellarios
    Financial Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2015, 08:26:35 PM »
Yes to everything, I think, but particularly the talk about Exilian, or indeed anything else we can do to communicate who we are and what we do.

Flamekebab

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2015, 10:13:40 PM »
I want to echo the Exilian talk - I went along last time partly just out of curiosity as to what Exilian is. As many of you know I've only just started to feel like I understand now!

I'd be happy to give a lightbulb talk on something although I'm not certain what that should be just yet. World building sounds like a great fit too.

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2015, 11:03:28 PM »
I guess whether I understand what the hell we're doing here may be put to the test a fair amount too. :p

Should it be a late in the day thing, or an early thing, or a middle of the day thing?

Flamekebab

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2015, 11:11:41 AM »
I'd suggest in the middle of the day after lunch but that might be a slot better reserved for Ren or similar.

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2015, 12:04:55 PM »
Also, boardgame tests?

- If I can make a slightly nicer Mr Pickles set, that would be easy to put in, you can have 5-6 players at once and it only takes about 20 minutes. Definitely a good call.
- Age of Tyrants I really want to run a test of if I can - it's not the world's shortest game, though, so I'll see what else I'm doing when.
- Hetairos is a slightly rules-heavy three hour job, so I'm guessing I'll leave that out. Though it is also the one I have a box of painted figures for and it is good fun...

comrade_general

« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2015, 07:38:13 PM »
I want to donate an Exilian beer glass that you guys can raffle off or something. Maybe sell tickets at one pound a piece and then just draw one for the winner.

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2015, 11:28:42 PM »
Sure; that would be awesome :) A raffle might be a very good way of recouping some funds...