Author Topic: Spartacus: Total War  (Read 54596 times)

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Spartacus: Total War
« Reply #30 on: March 18, 2009, 08:59:09 PM »
Cool, hope to see more soon!
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

neo_deus

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: March 20, 2009, 02:05:05 AM »
Faction Preview:

The Gladiators

Velite Gladiator

Mirmillo Gladiator

Samnite Gladiator

Retarius Gladiator

I know they used a net and not a shield, but all my attempts to creat a net failed miserably. Not to mention not having an animation for it.

Spartacus had to use many strategies to win against the the armies sent against him and his followers. Doesn't matter if they are somewhat archaic if they are effective!
Hoplite Gladiator

Chosen Gladiator

Greek Pirates
Mercenaries hired to aid in the Gladiator's fight for freedom!

Not many years have passed since the Social Wars that opposed Rome against the rest of the cities in Italy. And although they have been defeated, some of them are always prompt to rebel against the Roman oppressor.
Trained and equiped in Roman style, this troops are a precious addition to Spartacus's army.

Samnite Warriors

Marcii Warriors

And some mounted units

Gladiator Cavalry

Gladiator Chariots

Ok, so here is the first preview. These are not final, I may and probably will make changes in some of them.
Here's what I already have in mind:
Give shields to Mirmillo and Samnite Gladiators, give a sword instead of a spear to the Chosen Gladiators.

Also, I'm not sure about the Greek Pirates... I like the idea, but I don't know if the unit is the right thing... What do you think?

Give all the suggestions and opinions you want, they are most welcome and needed in order to improve the mod! :)
« Last Edit: March 20, 2009, 03:22:22 AM by neo_deus »

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: March 20, 2009, 06:26:32 PM »
Add a bestiarius, and female gladiators (both of which there is evidence for). Leopards and eles would also be cool.
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

neo_deus

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: March 20, 2009, 08:25:21 PM »
I have been doing some research on the gladiators and the bestiarius has been on my mind for some time... but I guess I would use it as a handler, who can also fight, but what's keeping me from making them is what would they handle? Dogs? Because I making leopard, tiger or lion models and skins is way out of my league :s

What do you mean by eles? Elephants?

The gladiatrixes have also been in my mind.

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: March 20, 2009, 09:20:12 PM »
Eles=Elephants

SubRosa

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • http://home.comcast.net/~subrosa_florens/witch/index.html
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: March 24, 2009, 12:02:25 AM »
I added a female gladiator to version 2.4 of ATW. Feel free to use it if you want.

neo_deus

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: March 25, 2009, 05:18:19 AM »
Ok, here's a new update. These are some units I've been working on.

The Iberian Tribes have suffered the influence of foreign people since anyone can remember, but they still keep some of their Celtiberian ways.
Celtiberian Infantry

Celtiberian Skirmishers
(will also be slingers)

Iberian Heavy Infantry

Centuries of war against "more advanced" armies have taught the Gauls the value of fighting well armoured and protected.
Gallic Heavy Infantry

These units reflect the greek influence in Egypt. Something I think it is seriously lacking on vanilla.
Macedonian Nobles (shield by Halie Satanus)

Ptolemaic Guard

And finally, some new units for the Gladiators.
Shepherd Slingers

Gladiator Archer

Gladiator Berserker  Only the most violent and untamable of the slaves, those who could not be trusted to not kill their owners as soon as they had a chance, were sent to the quarries. Mostly captured warriors, the slaves sent to the quarries were as good as dead, the average life time on a quarrie was little more than a year. Now, making of their previous tool their arms, these men's bloodlust knows no limits!
(armour?)

(or no armour?)

I'm not sure about if I should use or not the Gladiator Berserkers... what do you think?

Comment, suggest, discuss, etc!
« Last Edit: March 25, 2009, 05:32:17 AM by neo_deus »

neo_deus

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: March 25, 2009, 05:19:55 AM »
Quote from: "Jubal"
I added a female gladiator to version 2.4 of ATW. Feel free to use it if you want.
I saw it on your update. If I decide to add them I guess I will be using yours, with your permission  :$
« Last Edit: March 25, 2009, 05:31:37 AM by neo_deus »

Silver Wolf

• Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: March 25, 2009, 11:25:50 AM »
ber
"Less of a young professional - more of an ancient amateur. But frankly, I'm an absolute dream."

neo_deus

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: April 09, 2009, 04:41:13 AM »
The work on Spartacus continues! Sorry my lack of activity, but I've had some crazy days!

I see what you mean, Silver Wolf, good point. But I tend to see the term "berserker" as more an adjective, to describe a very fierce warrior.

Andalus

• Citizens
    Voting Member
  • Awards Awarded for outstanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #40 on: April 15, 2009, 09:27:54 AM »
I think a bestarii unit would be nice... you could use one of my new doggies if you like.
Du bist kein Schmetterling! Du bist nur eine kleine Raupe in Verkleidung!

neo_deus

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #41 on: April 16, 2009, 08:11:16 PM »
What new doggies, Andalus? : )

comrade_general

« Reply #42 on: April 17, 2009, 01:02:49 AM »
Quote from: "neo_deus"
What new doggies, Andalus? : )
right here

neo_deus

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #43 on: April 17, 2009, 03:14:15 AM »
wow! now those are dogs that are worth a bestiarius! :D

neo_deus

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #44 on: May 05, 2009, 10:20:19 PM »
Faction Preview:

The Celts

Far to the north, beyond the borders of the mysterious Gauls, live an even more mysterious people...
The Celts were the rulers of western europe many centuries before the Greek and Roman arrival to their shores and borders. Their influence brought division between those who were closer to them, thus suffering their influences, and those who lived further, maintaining their ancient lifestyle and warfare.
They have suffered influences too. From the people of the great island of Britannia of the Germans against who they fought time and time again.

The Celt rulers have tolerated their gallic brothers and sustained their germanic neighbours invasions for too long. It is time for them to retake Gaul that was once theirs and invade and defeat the Germans once and for all. Who knows? Perhaps even Iberia, a posession lost centuries ago to iberians, carthaginians and romans. To a nation of warriors and heroes, nothing is impossible. And when they have what is rightfully theirs, even the proud romans will have to bow to bow to the Celtic Kings... if they left them alive to be able to bow.

----

The Celts unit roster

Barracks

Level 1 -
Spear Warband (the shield has been inspired and, in part, copied, from an original by Halie Satanus)

Sword Warband

Level 2 -
Belgae Warriors

Level 3 -
Woad Warriors

Level 4 -
Dismounted Nobles

Archery Range
Level 1 -
Slingers

Head Hurlers

Level 2 -