Author Topic: WHTW Bugfix Patch Released  (Read 16038 times)

Oojablah

• View Profile
    • Awards
Re: WHTW Bugfix Patch Released
« Reply #30 on: November 22, 2016, 12:17:43 AM »
Ok, well thanks for your help with this. 60 turns is a lot to redo so I think I'll try another race. Oh, and I think someone missed a 0 on the ungor spears' maintenance cost. Right now it only costs 5 gold per turn to support them. Don't get me wrong, I love having a 12 stack army for 60 gold per turn, but it feels a bit like cheating. Especially when a slightly inferior unit (ungor warriors) costs 50 gold.

Anyway, thanks again for the quick responses and assistance. Cheers.

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: November 22, 2016, 07:48:26 AM »
Yes - I'm sorry, Rome as a game engine has some inherent instabilities, and a number of those seem to trigger more often in some mods.

If you want to tweak things like upkeep costs I'm happy to show you how; most things like that are fairly intuitively done in the export_descr_unit.txt file in your WHTW/data folder. :)
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

Darrero

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: February 27, 2017, 07:07:41 AM »
Hi Guys,
I've only just discovered this mod after not getting the official CA / GW Warhammer to workon my laptop and got to say well done,
I've been getting crashes before battles with Chaos and by the looks of it so has a lot of others.
I;m not sure if anyone is still getting this issue or whether it's already sorted, but it seems to be a problem with the skins of the Chaos General.
If you go into the desc_model_battle.txt file and replace the Chaos general with the lessor general the game will work

It's at the bottom of the file and reads;
type            celt_general
skeleton         fs_swordsman
skeleton_horse      fs_hc_swordsman   
skeleton_elephant   fs_forest_elephant_rider
skeleton_chariot   fs_chariot_sword
skeleton_camel      fs_hc_swordsman
skeleton_scorpion_cart   fs_carriage_ballistae_crew
indiv_range         40
texture            gauls, WHTW/data/models_unit/textures/WHTW_CHAOS_GENERAL.TGA         
texture            britons, data/models_unit/textures/officer_barb_general_briton.tga      
;texture            spain, WHTW/data/models_unit/textures/WHTW_CHAOS_GENERAL.tga         ;SHOULD USE CARTHAGINIAN NOW?
model_flexi      WHTW/data/models_unit/WHTW_CHAOS_GENERAL_high.CAS, max
;model_flexi      data/models_unit/officer_barb_general_med.CAS, 15
;model_flexi         data/models_unit/officer_barb_general_low.CAS, 30
;model_flexi         data/models_unit/officer_barb_general_lowest.CAS, max
;model_sprite      60.0, data/sprites/celt_general_sprite.spr
model_tri         400, 0.5f, 0.5f, 0.5

Copy this and save it somewhere, incase the problem is fixed at some point.

Then delete from the second line. So below
type            celt_general

and replace it with the text from below the Celt lessor general.

Your Chaos general will look like a lessor general, who still looks bad ass, but the game will play.

Hope this helps anyone who is still playing and having problems.

And thanks JB for a great Mod.

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: February 27, 2017, 08:23:54 AM »
Aye, that should indeed work. I'm not sure what's up with the greater general model, but I also don't have the necessary programs & abilities to find out (the one aspect of modding I've never done is 3d model design!).

Really glad you're enjoying the mod, Darrero; let me know if there's anything else you want to ask or that I can help with (and welcome to Exilian, too!) :)
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...