Author Topic: Workshop Booze Up VII - New Year, Same Plague, Same Booze Up, Deja Vu  (Read 150579 times)

Glaurung

• Sakellarios
    Financial Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Workshop Booze Up VII - Welcome to the Twenties!
« Reply #525 on: December 23, 2020, 08:20:02 PM »
I forgot my old password and the email account I had for it must have been an old one.
I think we can fix this. I'll have a check and message you.

Pentagathusosaurus rex

• King of the Wibulnibs
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Workshop Booze Up VII - Welcome to the Twenties!
« Reply #526 on: December 28, 2020, 01:01:17 PM »
Cool cool cool

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Workshop Booze Up VII - New Year, Same Plague, Same Booze Up
« Reply #527 on: January 01, 2021, 02:37:56 AM »
Welcome to 2021, friends :) How are we all?
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

Tusky

• Sebastokrator
    Citizens' Officer
    • View Profile
    • Tusky Games
    • Awards
« Reply #528 on: January 01, 2021, 12:04:25 PM »
I am starting the year as I mean to go on: hung over and eating beans on toast
<< Signature redacted >>

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #529 on: January 02, 2021, 03:06:53 PM »
It strikes me that maintaining a state of being hung over is actually very difficult: at some point you either have to drink again (at which point you're not hung over on account of being drunk) or it'll wear off...
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

Tusky

• Sebastokrator
    Citizens' Officer
    • View Profile
    • Tusky Games
    • Awards
« Reply #530 on: January 02, 2021, 03:37:46 PM »
I suppose I should not have said "I am starting the year as I mean to go on" bit without some extra explanation.

For example now I am neither drunk nor hung over - and the most recently consumed item was an egg and cress sandwich, which is completely bean free.

Here is the full explanation, so everyone is clear:

I am starting the year as I mean to go on: Occasionally suffering the effects of drinking alcohol, for example I am currently hung over; and indulging in my love on beans on toast, for I am currently eating them.
<< Signature redacted >>

Pentagathusosaurus rex

• King of the Wibulnibs
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #531 on: January 04, 2021, 04:05:23 PM »
I might have beans on toast for lunch now.
2021 has been much like the end of 2020 so far. At least Cobra Kai s3 finally came out, and I do believe Disenchantment has a third season out very soon too.
Buuuuuuuut it seems like this strain of the ole covid is spreading round these parts pretty happily, doubt we'll be out of tier 4 anytime soon.

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #532 on: January 15, 2021, 05:21:19 PM »
I need to decide if we're doing pub this month. Not sure right now: if we are, I guess it should be Thurs 28, I just don't know how up to things I'm feeling at the moment. I'm really struggling to keep up with everything and getting a lot of anxiety dreams and not feeling awfully well, which isn't a nice combination really.

Tusky

• Sebastokrator
    Citizens' Officer
    • View Profile
    • Tusky Games
    • Awards
« Reply #533 on: January 16, 2021, 07:52:06 AM »
I need to decide if we're doing pub this month. Not sure right now: if we are, I guess it should be Thurs 28, I just don't know how up to things I'm feeling at the moment. I'm really struggling to keep up with everything and getting a lot of anxiety dreams and not feeling awfully well, which isn't a nice combination really.

I'd maybe suggest giving it a miss this month then? Removes a thing that needs doing from your plate
<< Signature redacted >>

dubsartur

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #534 on: January 17, 2021, 06:15:35 AM »
I think your conference is in early Feb so maybe it would be good for you to just arrange a small private chat not a full booze-up?

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #535 on: January 29, 2021, 05:12:49 PM »
I'm going to try and do more Discord-ing in the next bit I think. Though I will definitely get back to meetup organising in February come rain or shine, probably third week of the month.

Also, I got my new box of FFP2 masks today so I can go out to use shops and things again. I don't honestly know how much difference these things are likely to make - I suspect that the bigger problems come from people not wearing the things properly which a change of style won't help - but maybe they'll improve things a bit. Austria's case numbers continue to slide sloooowly down but it is very slow.

How's everyone else doing?

dubsartur

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #536 on: January 30, 2021, 12:08:27 AM »
I am starting to think that BC should have adopted a COVID-0 strategy like many other regions in Canada :(  The provincial government's consensus-based approach has avoided a disaster with over 1,000 deaths per million population like in the USA or Spain, but it seems like many people are getting tired of restrictions and case numbers are no longer dropping.  Regions like South Korea or Thailand or New Zealand have kept deaths well under 100 deaths per million population.  Immunization will not be complete until roughly September, assuming there are no big problems with vaccine production or the new variants.

Making progress on my embroidery, copyeditied a magazine article, and sent a journal article to the next venue.

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #537 on: January 31, 2021, 05:01:43 PM »
That sounds productive at least! I'm mainly working on end of semester work at the moment, not much to mark yet but I've got work for all the seminars I was doing, and a bigger paper waiting to be written which I've promised to finish by mid-March. And work on the Tunisia project I'm involved with is starting to ramp up a bit, too.

Then maybe next semester I can get more done on my thesis? Maybe?

I did at least get out for a short walk today.

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #538 on: March 09, 2021, 04:21:20 PM »
A peculiar pain in my academic book ordering is that whilst my academic books are as expensive as anyone's, they do come with a slightly different pricing structure whereby the postage is nearly ninety percent of the cost:

Pentagathus

• King of the Wibulnibs
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #539 on: March 10, 2021, 01:11:31 PM »
Are they being posted from Mars?