Author Topic: Workshop Booze Up VII - New Year, Same Plague, Same Booze Up, Deja Vu  (Read 150616 times)

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Workshop Booze Up VII - New Year, Same Plague, Same Booze Up
« Reply #540 on: March 10, 2021, 04:36:02 PM »
The Caucasus, which may as well be Mars as far as the postal services are concerned!
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

dubsartur

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #541 on: March 10, 2021, 06:56:45 PM »
Shipping right now is just plain expensive, I gave up ordering anything from the United States.  I just sent something to Russia for 50 CAD airmail or 25 surface.

Glaurung

• Sakellarios
    Financial Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #542 on: March 20, 2021, 02:25:57 PM »
In happy news (I hope), I was vaccinated this morning. No apparent immune reaction yet, but it’s only been three hours.

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #543 on: March 20, 2021, 05:07:33 PM »
Oh, excellent! Very happy to hear it :)

Also we seem to have passed Exilian's birthday for the year without much of a murmur - sorry about that, it's been busy lately.
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

Glaurung

• Sakellarios
    Financial Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #544 on: March 21, 2021, 10:10:01 AM »
Oh, excellent! Very happy to hear it :)
Thank you. Some side-effects have now kicked in: some pain at the injection site, a rather interrupted night's sleep, and possibly a high body temperature. But all expected for something triggering the immune system.

Also we seem to have passed Exilian's birthday for the year without much of a murmur - sorry about that, it's been busy lately.
Not to worry - I think we've all been busy. I'd also more-or-less attached the celebratory stuff to the pubmeet this Thursday.

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #545 on: March 21, 2021, 05:56:45 PM »
Hope the side effects clear soon :)

Glaurung

• Sakellarios
    Financial Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #546 on: April 14, 2021, 10:53:49 AM »
In further happy news, I'm about to have my first haircut since October. I expect to be walking home with a bit more spring in my step!

EDIT: I think I now understand how sheep feel after being shorn.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2021, 12:29:43 PM by Glaurung »

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #547 on: April 14, 2021, 01:57:51 PM »
My last was even earlier and I am basically now Chewbacca. And lockdown has veen extended here - I'm struggling a bit and playing rather a lot of Dragon Age to keep my mind off things (which has the unfortunate effect of me not managing to do nearly enough of everything else that needs doing...)

Pentagathus

• King of the Wibulnibs
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #548 on: April 29, 2021, 01:12:05 PM »
I decided the Bob Ross look was not for me and have also got my haircut. Things are fine here, life hasn't changed much for me since lockdown was lifted but I have been to the occasional gathering. Hopefully I'll be more sociable soonish.
Oh yes and I've been working outside the last few weeks which was nice until hayfever decided to say hello. Apparently nettle tea helps with allergies and it did seem to help a lot yesterday. I've ordered some capsules of nettle extract because I'm too lazy to keep gathering nettles and also they taste disgusting

dubsartur

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #549 on: April 29, 2021, 05:23:35 PM »
At least I have the right hair for my talk which has Giorgio "I'm not saying it was aliens ..." T on the first slide

I will probably get it cut before a forthcoming job interview.

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #550 on: May 15, 2021, 01:06:55 PM »
Case rates are finally subsiding in Austria due to increased vaccine rollout. Sometime in the next week we should drop below 10,000 active cases nationally for the first time since October, at current rates of progress.

I can't say I feel like I'm definitely ready for the world to speed up and be normal-er again though, I'm quite worried about that bit.

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #551 on: May 25, 2021, 10:56:17 AM »

Pentagathus

• King of the Wibulnibs
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #552 on: May 28, 2021, 01:38:07 PM »
Finally got back into BJJ training recently after more than a year off, on my second class back I stayed for the sparring session and received a rather heavy knee to the chest from a fairly inexperienced but rather large, strong and heavy dude. It was a little painful at the time, and rather annoying considering that BJJ is a grappling sport with no striking involved, but hey ho, it is still a combat sport. Unfortunately it became a lot more painful when I woke up, still went to work thinking it was just a sprain or bad bruise, had a look at it when I got home and realised that my ribs had actually moved out of place. Called 111 yesterday for some advice, they told me to go to the emergency department and not to eat or drink anything until I'd seen a doctor, so I did that after work, waited for at least three hours in total and found out I had a small pneumothorax (collapsed lung) and possibly some broken ribs but possibly not because they don't usually show up in x rays. Great.
I was also rather tired, hungry and dehydrated so I bought a load of crappy highly processed junk food on my way home and ate too much last night and didn't drink enough so now I feel like sheeet. I also have to take at least next week off work because my current job is all manual labour. Oh and I'm paying £60 a month for my membership at this BJJ gym and I need to give a month's notice in advance when cancelling, hopefully the dude will offer to freeze the membership for a couple of months though cos otherwise I'm going to pay a hell of a lot for one single session XD

dubsartur

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #553 on: May 29, 2021, 06:52:48 PM »
Ooh rough Pentagathus.  Beware those gyms and martial arts schools which make it hard to cancel your membership!

Pentagathus

• King of the Wibulnibs
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #554 on: June 01, 2021, 09:02:55 AM »
Wary I am.
Still haven't heard anything back from the owner of the gym.