Author Topic: It's over!  (Read 5002 times)

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
It's over!
« on: April 14, 2016, 12:51:40 AM »
In case people didn't know, as of yesterday, Homestuck officially ended. Final thing sits in at over ten thousand pages, a lot of which are animations/music/etc too. Frankly the ending is a bit odd and there are some loose ends, but the only character I really still cared a lot about got a happy ending so yay for that. :)
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

comrade_general

Re: It's over!
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2016, 12:59:51 AM »
Wut's that?

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2016, 10:42:31 AM »
What's which?
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

comrade_general

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2016, 02:01:13 PM »
All of it. :P

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2016, 06:22:05 PM »
Homestuck is one of the longest webcomics ever (hence the over ten thousand pages thing), and also therefore one of the longest works of fiction ever written in English. It's a bit bizarre and kind of trippy. and involves a bunch of kids playing a computer game which ends the world (and that's the very, very minor piece of starting setup). I read most of it one time when I was too ill to do anything and was practically hallucinating anyway :P

Anyway, the story has ended. At least some of the loose ends in the absurdly complicated plot were tied up, though I'm not sure by any means that all of them were. I was mostly wanting to get to the end to check that my favourite character survived, namely "The Mayor". This guy is a low level NPC who looks basically like a chess pawn... [spoilers ahead for his plot arc]
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

This is also far better than the angsty hormonal plot arcs the main characters go through :P

comrade_general

« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2016, 06:37:51 PM »
Ok.

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2016, 08:46:02 PM »
I'll be honest, it's bloody hard to explain even between people who have read it let alone the uninitiated.