Author Topic: What video games are you playing?  (Read 25950 times)

DeepCandle Games

• RPG author and big nerd
  • Citizens
    Voting Member
  • Aspiring TTRPG Writer
    • View Profile
    • My Ko-Fi Shop-front!
    • Awards
Re: What video games are you playing?
« Reply #75 on: December 03, 2016, 03:20:54 AM »
Been playing Space Hulk Deathwing beta and TW: warhammer alot along with FFOW (Frontline: Fuel of War)

Good times all around
I write many projects focused around RPGs and rules expansions!

If you'd like to support me you can buy (or download for free) my finished work from https://ko-fi.com/nanoteq_rpg or play-test them with me on my discord!

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #76 on: December 04, 2016, 11:58:28 PM »
Been playing some My Mom's A Witch again - they have daily challenges now on the steam version which are good fun, and I've been teaching myself to use the archer character better :)
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

Pentagathus

• King of the Wibulnibs
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #77 on: December 05, 2016, 12:18:39 AM »
Been playing a bit of AoW 3 again. Good stuff but I really don't have time right now.

Gmd

• The one and only
  • Citizens
    Voting Member
  • Quack
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #78 on: December 05, 2016, 12:25:45 AM »
Been playing alot of Battlefield 1 recently. Decent shooter, like how they portray the 1st world war as the storm of pointless death it was
Bunneh and I Rule this land in the name of Supreme Lord Krishna.

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") 

Give me my green name back!!! I am always Logothetes

Clockwork

• Charming Prince of Darkness
  • Citizens
    Voting Member
  • Bitter? Me? portugal no, I think it's hilarious.
  • Awards Came first in the Summer 2020 Exilian forum pub quiz
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #79 on: December 05, 2016, 12:54:09 AM »
Whut?

Gmd man, I got a huge amount of respect for you. You rarely (comparitively) post but when you do, you post good and relatable armadillo but.... Power armour and LMG mowing down hundreds of dudes in WWI? I gotta disagree there, it portrays WWI horribly imo. Not saying it's a bad game, it's great and it's hella fun but does it really portray WW1 well? For me, despite it being an absolutely terrible game, Verdun takes the cake when it comes to WW1 portrayal. Staying in a goddamn ditch until someones takes your melon off with a goddamn high-powered-single-shot rifle which leaves you feeling depressed and useless. Same as always tbh. portugal life amirite?
Once you realize what a joke everything is, being the Comedian is the only thing that makes sense.

comrade_general

« Reply #80 on: December 05, 2016, 04:48:36 AM »
Blops 2 zombies splitscreen is a lotta fun.

Phoenixguard09

• Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
  • Spiffy Haired One
  • Awards Awarded for outstanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #81 on: December 08, 2016, 07:44:33 AM »
Ladyhawk has been playing quite a bit of Dragon Age 2 recently, as she finished Inquisition and had finished Origins previously. It actually looks like a far better game than most reviews make it out to be.

Myself, I've been playing a bit of Europa Barbarorum 2 in my infrequent spare time. With that said, I don't get to play much.
The Norbayne Campaign Instagram page. Give us a cheeky follow if you like. :)
By the power of Ga'haarr I command you to vanish! VANISH!
I CANNOT BE KILLED BUT WITH FIRE!
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination

Crazier than a crack-head cat and here to make sticky treats out of your vital organs.

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #82 on: December 09, 2016, 05:43:42 PM »
I'm still top of the monthly leaderboard on My Mom's A Witch. Not much else to report here :P
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

Gmd

• The one and only
  • Citizens
    Voting Member
  • Quack
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #83 on: December 15, 2016, 04:39:53 AM »
I gotta disagree there, it portrays WWI horribly imo.

Said i like the portrayal, not that it was accurate at all :P The campaign missions are especially fun and all have decent stories.
Bunneh and I Rule this land in the name of Supreme Lord Krishna.

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") 

Give me my green name back!!! I am always Logothetes

Koobazaur

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Koobazaur's Domain
    • Awards
« Reply #84 on: December 27, 2016, 03:15:49 AM »
I'm some 4-5 hours into SOMA, gifted to me by some awesome friends at another gaming forum. So far really enjoying it, with intriguing story and atmospheric setting.

That being said, I think it suffers from a few big design flaws:

* There's a good chunk of moments (particularly in beginning) when you're in a new area and need to do something, without any clear indication of what it actually is. So you end up arbitrarily running around, flipping random switches, looking at items, until SOMETHING™ happens. Recent example - I was trying to activate a program on a computer but it wasn't working; the screen said I needed an extra "module" but no idea where it is, or what it even looks like. Turned out I had to run around the crew areas which I've already explore before to trigger an audio transmission that moved the plot forward. Ugh.
* On that, I am not a fan of the controls physics-puzzles. Some are logical, some just feel like arbitrarily twisting knobs and flipping switches until, again, SOMETHING happens. Occasionally they give no hint at all either, so it's just a matter of tediously running through all the possible permutations until you see an effect.
* As pretty as the game is, the environments can get just similar and repetitive enough to occasionally get lost. Particularly bad was the 3-level underwater station where you try to find a submarine. Many twisty corridors with tons of dead-ends, slowed down movement, blurred vision, no map, AND monsters lurking around. At the end there's also an unavoidable "monster chases you and you must RUN" section that took me like 10 tries cause I kept getting lost. I actually had to pre-plan my route and write down each turn to get through it. (Yes I know there's numbers on the walls but they weren't much help).
* This is more of a personal issue: I hate, hate, hate all the monster sections. Sneaky around unkillable foes is made worse by the obnoxious "don't look at the monster" mentality Frictional Games seems to adore. When you do, your whole screen messes up and glitches out. It's really damn hard to sneak by monsters you can't look at, especially with the aforementioned confusing layouts.

It kinda boggles me Frictional is still doing the same "mistakes" after all their games. But I guess their sales are going strong, so there is an audience for it. Might be just my taste (or impatience). For me, I feel the game would've been so much more enjoyable as a monster-less walking sim with some map or objective list at least.

Nonetheless I am enjoying it and the story is good, so glad I'm plowing through it. Just got to Omicron, and the plot thickens! Still finding the monster sections tedious but I think I've gotten better at em, managed to lure a monster away with some noises and ran past him. 
Check out my upcoming Indie Game Karaski:What Goes Up... - You're one of five suspects of a sabotage onboard a 1920s Slavic Airship. Find the culprit or confess your crime in an open-ended, detective adventure game.

Cuddly Khan

• Silhouette in Disguise
  • Patrikios
    Voting Member
  • PURGE THE BOTS!!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #85 on: December 28, 2016, 03:12:31 AM »
Been playing Squad. It's rather nifty.
Most effective elected official. Ever. (not counting Jubal)

He is Jubal the modder, Jubal the wayfarer, Jubal the admin. And he has come to me now, at the turning of the tide.

sneax

• nike is the goddess of J.U.S.T.I.C.E.
    • View Profile
    • http://sneakerstudio.co.uk
    • Awards
« Reply #86 on: February 19, 2018, 08:12:50 PM »
Lately, hm.

:D

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #87 on: February 21, 2018, 07:40:34 PM »
2048 is very addictive! :)

Lizard

• Patrikios
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #88 on: June 18, 2018, 03:13:47 PM »
I've been really busy, so mostly I'm playing things I can drop in and out of without too much effort:

-Slay the Spire is a beautiful roguelike deck-builder that everyone should check out, on Steam's Early Access
-Stardew Valley continues to hold my soul. I downloaded a mod that lets me date Pam, the beer-drinking, bus-driving battleaxe who holds my heart <3
-Phaorah is a SUPER old city-builder, which I got from GOG recently, along with a mod to improve graphics performance on modern machines. I shall rule the Nile, and live forever.
A coder, a hoodie, a coffee pot, a robot.

"A ship in port is safe, but that is not what ships are built for."

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #89 on: June 18, 2018, 07:33:44 PM »
OML PHARAOH PHARAOH IS AMAZING :D

I love it to bits. I never got to the later end missions on the campaigns because I was terrible at it, but it's a beautiful game and I love it dearly :)