Author Topic: Mapping Department Organization Thread  (Read 27246 times)

Muizer

• View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Mapping Department Organization Thread
« Reply #75 on: October 10, 2017, 06:55:20 PM »
I had to reinstall GIT. However, the instructions you once sent me don't seem to be working? Did the repo move?

ahowl11

• RTR Project
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #76 on: October 10, 2017, 08:16:42 PM »
God, Family, Baseball, Friends, Rome Total War, and Exilian. What more could I possibly need?

Muizer

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #77 on: October 10, 2017, 09:43:13 PM »
getting 'can't find server'

Suppanut

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #78 on: October 11, 2017, 04:33:28 PM »
There are 3 major features which create mod personality. They are strat map, units(and balance), and traits/retinues. Strat map is the first features to player's impression about world of RTR. Which tone strat map's texture you are planning for? Bright and lively like in RTW and M2TW (both different in sea which RTW mirror clear give feeling of classical marble which different from enigmatic Lovecraftian sea of M2TW?)? Or want enigmatic and gloomy feeling from dark tone world like in EB?

Which kind of tone you want for strat map, Muizer?

ahowl11

• RTR Project
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #79 on: October 11, 2017, 04:51:57 PM »
Okay I am trying to reboot the server but to no avail. Here are the instructions I was given, but it's not working for me. Anyone who has more experience can give it a shot:

Fixing The SSL Cert Error (Due to Lets Encrypt Expiry) & Upgrade Gitlab

Download Putty
Connect to gitlab.rtrproject.com

User: rtrproject
Pass: jyLidgCPpU1a6eLsW14p7qWiqpRJUL

Once logged in type: “sudo letsencrypt certonly -a webroot --webroot-path=/var/www/letsencrypt -d gitlab.rtrproject.com -d www.gitlab.rtrproject.com

Choose option to renew
Run “sudo gitlab-ctl restart”
Run “sudo apt-get update && apt-get upgrade”
Select “y”
Profit! Log back in next month
God, Family, Baseball, Friends, Rome Total War, and Exilian. What more could I possibly need?

Muizer

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #80 on: October 11, 2017, 09:20:11 PM »
came across this reported issue which looks very similar regarding the error and error message.

https://gitlab.com/gitlab-org/omnibus-gitlab/issues/1557

which suggests I'd need something on my end to map the domain name to an IP address?

Muizer

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #81 on: October 11, 2017, 10:27:37 PM »
There are 3 major features which create mod personality. They are strat map, units(and balance), and traits/retinues. Strat map is the first features to player's impression about world of RTR. Which tone strat map's texture you are planning for? Bright and lively like in RTW and M2TW (both different in sea which RTW mirror clear give feeling of classical marble which different from enigmatic Lovecraftian sea of M2TW?)? Or want enigmatic and gloomy feeling from dark tone world like in EB?

Which kind of tone you want for strat map, Muizer?

I'm not sure that's for me to decide. I can make some suggestions about what I think would work best though. I think it's important to emphasize that the map is strongly influenced by a division in watersheds as landscape units. The typical unit consists, in transect, of  mountain peaks, rocky mountain sides, densely forested footslopes and more open/cultivated valley bottoms then up the other side in reverse order. It is important that these sections are very distinct in texturing as well as vegetation model placement. (For the battlemap, that requires some trickery, because vanilla will put forest on the valley bottom  ::) ) For reference, I can only say that the RTW vanilla textures are much more suitable for this than the M2TW ones.

I think either gloomy or bright could work. For VII we used slightly desaturated RTW vanilla textures, which gives the map a "look from space" palette, but I think a more saturated and more contrasted texturing (as per above) would give the map a more "close up" feel that could be really nice.

Muizer

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #82 on: October 12, 2017, 10:43:35 PM »
Any news on the server thing? A I the only one with this problem?

ahowl11

• RTR Project
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #83 on: October 13, 2017, 07:11:55 PM »
I can't get it up, and the one who knows how isn't around.. Mod is halted until it gets back up. Feel free to upload it to the dev forum in TWC or here so we can take a look.

Muizer

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #84 on: October 13, 2017, 08:54:13 PM »
check your twc comms thread