Author Topic: Thermopolium: The Exilian Welcome  (Read 2500 times)

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Thermopolium: The Exilian Welcome
« on: October 04, 2016, 12:10:06 AM »
Since this is the offtopic area, I thought this thread might be useful as an extra welcome from the Exilian staff and to help people get more information about Exilian outside the RTR areas as a lot of people don't venture out much into the rest of the site but knowing how it all works might be useful :)

So, welcome! Exilian, for those of you who don't know, is a unique project. It's legally an independent society run by its voting members, which exists to promote independent, hobbyist, and small-scale creative and academic projects - and that's of course why we're so happy to host Rome: Total Realism and other great RTW mods. Becoming a voting member is entirely free and we encourage regular contributors/creators to do it; the idea is that all the people who make up Exilian should have a say in how it's run. Outside RTW we also host writing, indie game dev, music, and other projects, so do have a browse down the index and check things out (and let me know if you're involved in any other creative or academic projects that we can help out). Do feel that you can post anywhere across the site too - if a post is in the wrong place our moderators will happily move it for you, so don't feel worried about going in and starting threads and talking to people! As well as the stuff we have the forum/website we have an annual convention, and you can find us on Facebook or Twitter as well.

Other places you might want to visit on the site:
  • The Welcome Hall - the main welcome area, where you can introduce yourself
  • The Boozer - Exilian's main offtopic forum, where you can come to meet other Exilian members
  • The Great Library - our history and science discussion forum, including some of Exilian's ongoing academic history projects
  • The Balcony - our general Total War discussion area
  • The High Court - the questions & suggestions board, a good point of call if you have any ideas about the site but aren't a voting member

Please also use this thread to ask me any questions about Exilian, the site, how the staff work, etc. Or you can also drop me a message - I'm usually around and happy to answer questions and help out. :)
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

Gigantus

• Sure the voices aren't real, but them has ideas!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Thermopolium: The Exilian Welcome
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2016, 06:15:52 AM »
The Balcony - our general Total War discussion area
Guides written by experienced players on the best tactics for Rome: Total War
Your description may need some adjustment, seeing it's mostly about Attila and Warhammer

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Thermopolium: The Exilian Welcome
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2016, 11:14:07 AM »
Yeah, we ended up condensing all the TW fora into one due to lack of use and some RTW/M2TW posts seem to have gone astray into the archives, I might try and fix that!
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...