Author Topic: Gig's stuff  (Read 3409 times)

Gigantus

• Sure the voices aren't real, but them has ideas!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Gig's stuff
« on: October 09, 2016, 07:08:44 AM »
I have been around the modding for a few years now - but rather exclusively at Total War Center where I am also an administrator.

My expertise is in mapping, scripting, coding and general bug hunting - all M2TW based. Hopefully this will not cause problems when applied to RTW. If you have a thread\posts where my input could help simply drop me a message (I figured out eventually how to get a pop up for new messages) and I 'll see what I can do.

ahowl11

• RTR Project
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Gig's stuff
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2016, 07:50:05 AM »
How can you get a pop up? I think Arjos never knew because of that reason.
God, Family, Baseball, Friends, Rome Total War, and Exilian. What more could I possibly need?

Gigantus

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2016, 02:17:52 PM »
I posted the complete procedure today - I think it was in his thread.

Select profile\account settings from the long horizontal list of options, then in the new window modify profile\personal messaging. Activate 'Show pop up...' tick box and click on 'change profile' to save the setting.

Glaurung

• Sakellarios
    Financial Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2016, 04:27:09 PM »
There's another option on the same page, Notify by email every time you receive a personal message:, with options Never, Always, From Buddies Only. I haven't used the pop-up option, but I suspect it might only work if you're logged in when you get a message.

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2016, 06:45:53 PM »
Would it be sensible for me to write another mini-tutorial guide thing for the welcome hall that covers this?
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

Vrosivs Avgvstvs Rakvs

• A Bustle in Your Hedgerow
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2016, 09:46:16 PM »
Would it be sensible for me to write another mini-tutorial guide thing for the welcome hall that covers this?
Help is always welcome :) You could also update your previous post to include the guide for this. However you see it best fit :)
Rome Total Realism Project Dev Team Member and  Head of Public Relations
RTR VII Beta Tester/Dev Team Member
-----------------------------------------
"Coasting through the intermission that separates day from day, I find myself feeling oddly at peace with reality. Despite everything, I think life will workout in the end. The world, as as I see it is a remarkable place." - DukeCanada, the interstellar wanderer.
-----------------------------------------
Proud patron of Aule_the_creator

Gigantus

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2016, 04:59:52 AM »

Makes sense - add a mention of the 'show new replies to your posts' function as well to help keep track of general subscriptions (which requires to enable subscriptions in the first place - if not set by default). Unfortunately the contrast in the RTR forum makes it difficult to notice. Maybe the blue font can be changed to orange? Ditto with the 'Town Crier' font on the right.