Author Topic: Settling mechanic for nomad factions - buildings and traits  (Read 2584 times)

DCLXVIMRTRVEBLAKKOKKVLTDCLXVI

• View Profile
    • Awards
Settling mechanic for nomad factions - buildings and traits
« on: October 09, 2016, 10:18:05 AM »
Hi, I wonder if Sarmatians should convert to western or eastern civilized when they settle. Eastern civilized would be a bit easier to implement because the other nomad factions would also convert to eastern civilized when they settle. Or should we make it depending on where they settle? (even harder to implement than only western civilized)

xeofox

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Settling mechanic for nomad factions - buildings and traits
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2016, 11:41:29 AM »
The saka-sarmatian it`s difrent  region. Sarmatiant can use wood for building. Saka use mud, and culture of masagetians (same with khoresm) - lot of mud buildings. Saka also use the wood but near mountain forests temples points (or for kihg burials). But Diarection of Saramtian inv. was to west and to south west. And we can to say: sarmatian urbanization (by occupation also) started more early. And we can use black sea and armenia and slavian culture for buildings. And matherland of Parni (sarmatians was there also) lot of stones! But only burial  and the sanctuary is known only.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2016, 11:46:49 AM by xeofox »

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2016, 11:44:05 AM »
so they should become "eastern civilized" when they settle?

xeofox

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2016, 11:47:18 AM »
so they should become "eastern civilized" when they settle?
It`s like parhia? I Like but don`t know about armenia in mod. If armenia in mod "eastern civ" lets sarmatian be "eastern civ". But in my dream to see samtaians and saka in new culture "nomads" ;)
« Last Edit: October 09, 2016, 11:52:34 AM by xeofox »

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2016, 12:01:06 PM »
Well, I'm not talking about the 7 culture slots. I'm talking about our system that replaces religion (christian => barbarian, pagan => western civilized, Zoroastrian => eastern civilized)

xeofox

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2016, 12:38:57 PM »
Well, I'm not talking about the 7 culture slots. I'm talking about our system that replaces religion (christian => barbarian, pagan => western civilized, Zoroastrian => eastern civilized)
But "Settling mechanic for nomad factions - buildings and traits"...

About steps Sarmatian religian:   pagan (animism) => pagan  (polytheism)=> (sarmatian & scythian pagan mixed with Ancient Greek religion)
About steps Saka religian:    pagan (animism) => pagan  (polytheism)=> (saka pagan mixed with Zoroastrian & (in one time) saka pagan mixed with Mithraism)

The time borders of animism and polytheism unknown, but it can be in one time.

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2016, 12:47:09 PM »
Well the religion system in rtr has nothing to do with religion anymore and it's triggered by buildings and traits. It's used to represent the culture of characters, regions and some factions like the prolemaic dynasty and seleucid empire can have 2 of such cultures, other factions like nomads will convert from barbarian to eastern civilized when they settle.

Gigantus

• Sure the voices aren't real, but them has ideas!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2016, 01:22:52 PM »
Never properly\fully understood how the 'belief' system works in RTW. Anyone got a link to a discussion or maybe can give a quick rundown?