Author Topic: Disabling the management of cities without a govenor  (Read 2387 times)

DCLXVIMRTRVEBLAKKOKKVLTDCLXVI

• View Profile
    • Awards
Disabling the management of cities without a govenor
« on: October 09, 2016, 01:30:38 PM »
Hi guys,

I'm working on a system that simulates inflation, it would require to disable the option to manage cities without a govenor. Is there a way to make it impossible to manage all settlements?

Gigantus

• Sure the voices aren't real, but them has ideas!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Disabling the management of cities without a govenor
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2016, 02:42:39 PM »
If you do not want me to play RTR then go ahead. I already found it extremely annoying to require a governor to do stuff in a settlement, it's a waste of named characters. Letting the AI do my recruiting, building and taxing? Might as well let my hamster run over my keyboard.

Can you describe the base idea of how this inflation works? Maybe there is an alternate way.

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2016, 04:46:20 PM »
It gradually increases the costs of recruitment, construction, e.t.c. but due the limitations of the engine it needs a named character to be present in order to work.

ahowl11

• RTR Project
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2016, 04:58:51 PM »
Emodude, Gigantus has a good point, many players would've dissatisfied. The solution would be to have recruitable governors and generals or have a script that makes sure each settlement has a governor
God, Family, Baseball, Friends, Rome Total War, and Exilian. What more could I possibly need?

Gigantus

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2016, 06:25:52 PM »
It gradually increases the costs of recruitment, construction, e.t.c. but due the limitations of the engine it needs a named character to be present in order to work.

I guess you are giving the governor traits with steadily increasing building and recruiting malus? Working with the principle of diminished income is way more effective (and potentially devastating) - it does however require the EDB ability to set faction wide capabilities, not sure if RTW can do that.

The solution would be to have recruitable governors and generals or have a script that makes sure each settlement has a governor
As long as this can be influenced by the player (and I would be the first to keep governors out of settlements if they cause inflation) the inflation will fail. You can script that a governor is required to do any action in a settlement (same effect as the preset option) but you cannot script that a governor will always be present.

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2016, 06:31:52 PM »
We could make it an optional feature and yes you can set faction wide capabilities in rtw

Gigantus

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2016, 02:48:18 AM »
Optional sounds fine (can that be done with the custom launcher?) - I am still not sure how you are going to force the presence of a governor, they do die eventually on top of that. The only way I can think of at the moment involves some serious scripting.

Great to hear about the faction wide abilities - I'll post more detailed about the 'diminishing income' later.