Author Topic: A Fool's Errand  (Read 2034 times)

stormwell

• View Profile
    • Utherwald Press
    • Awards
A Fool's Errand
« on: January 25, 2017, 01:10:10 PM »
Last night got to run the first part of my Fool's Errand campaign, though time constraints meant for a short gaming session. As ever there was one or two things that I didn't account for, though thankfully didn't have to wing things that much. Regardless heres the session report followed by some thoughts.

http://www.utherwaldpress.com/2017/01/a-fools-errand.html

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: A Fool's Errand
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2017, 10:17:43 PM »
Just got round to reading this - my limited experience of GMing is that players will always either run away or stand and fight, as determined by whatever you didn't want them to do when you were writing the scenario :P

Sounds fun anyhow :)

Also, to let you know, we might be doing a forum restructure soon - won't make much difference to you, but the Press forum will be refiled in with the other tabletop & boardgame design subforums, just to make things a bit more compact & make it easier for people browsing the forum to find your stuff.
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

stormwell

• View Profile
    • Utherwald Press
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2017, 11:33:06 AM »
Also, to let you know, we might be doing a forum restructure soon - won't make much difference to you, but the Press forum will be refiled in with the other tabletop & boardgame design subforums, just to make things a bit more compact & make it easier for people browsing the forum to find your stuff.

OK, thanks for the heads up.

Phoenixguard09

• Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
  • Spiffy Haired One
  • Awards Awarded for outstanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2017, 09:46:57 PM »
Very nice writeup, I'm looking forward to more.

Will concur with Jubs. Players only run from encounters if you've never really contemplated that they might. :P
The Norbayne Campaign Instagram page. Give us a cheeky follow if you like. :)
By the power of Ga'haarr I command you to vanish! VANISH!
I CANNOT BE KILLED BUT WITH FIRE!
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination

Crazier than a crack-head cat and here to make sticky treats out of your vital organs.

stormwell

• View Profile
    • Utherwald Press
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2017, 05:49:49 PM »
Dunno if and when this will continue, the game was a last minute plan since some of the group weren't able to make it that week.