Author Topic: I was frustrated over the weekend and made this  (Read 2005 times)

Koobazaur

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Koobazaur's Domain
    • Awards
I was frustrated over the weekend and made this
« on: May 02, 2017, 02:12:09 AM »

http://koobazaur.com/webgames/Complainatron/

It's pretty dumb but spending a whole Sunday coding it was... therapeutic

Check out my upcoming Indie Game Karaski:What Goes Up... - You're one of five suspects of a sabotage onboard a 1920s Slavic Airship. Find the culprit or confess your crime in an open-ended, detective adventure game.

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: I was frustrated over the weekend and made this
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2017, 12:13:27 AM »
Nice work, it's a fun little creation :)

...though it does look like some people have decided to go for the "overt racism" option in what they submit to it :/
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

Koobazaur

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Koobazaur's Domain
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2017, 01:27:52 AM »
I showed it to my sister and said "wonder how long it will take before n-word's on top". Didn't take a day.

I'm against censoring, unless it gets really bad. It's interesting to see that after that went up, "racism" quickly climbed right behind it.
Check out my upcoming Indie Game Karaski:What Goes Up... - You're one of five suspects of a sabotage onboard a 1920s Slavic Airship. Find the culprit or confess your crime in an open-ended, detective adventure game.

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2017, 06:50:22 PM »
Yeah, I may have had something to do with that...

It's behaviourally interesting: because it's got that counter and I can't use it on repeat, it's rapidly shifted to me feeling I have a large incentive to use it to move "my" things up the counter, rather than actually using it to vent about whatever I'm directly annoyed about. So instead of introducing my own life issues or even UK political concerns, I keep putting in "Trump" or "racists" to try and move things toward the top/show support for other people complaining about those things/try and move racist/objectionable moans down the list.
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...