Author Topic: Neofeud - A Dystopic Cyberpunk Adventure / Visual Novel  (Read 66479 times)

Tusky

• Sebastokrator
    Citizens' Officer
    • View Profile
    • Tusky Games
    • Awards
Re: Neofeud - A Dystopic Cyberpunk Adventure / Visual Novel
« Reply #60 on: March 25, 2018, 09:42:24 AM »
Awesome! Great job
I do like the music you have in the game. Very melodic and sets a good tone
<< Signature redacted >>

Silverspook

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #61 on: March 25, 2018, 12:51:51 PM »
Thanks, kinklade! I do have a penchant for the melodic music that isn't always in games nowadays but was big through the 80's and 90's.

Here's the Neofeud soundtrack that won the AGS Best Music award, composed by yours truly, complete with howling 14.4 kbps modems, Vangelis Vibes, and Clint Mansell-esque overtures. :) https://silverspook.bandcamp.com/album/neofeud-soundtrack

« Last Edit: March 25, 2018, 10:31:00 PM by Silverspook »

Tusky

• Sebastokrator
    Citizens' Officer
    • View Profile
    • Tusky Games
    • Awards
« Reply #62 on: March 27, 2018, 10:25:44 AM »
Are you only making the soundtrack available on bandcamp? Or are you going to release it elsewhere. Especially the spotifies. I have an "instrumental soundtrack" playlist I'd certainly like to bolster with some of these tracks!

I've had some more time to absorb the soundtrack, and here are some additional thoughts (other than: well done, It's ace):

I really like the synth wave style. The modem motif that features throughout is great, and I see what you mean about the vangelis vibes - esp in the zenith or superposition. They could almost be put in blade runner somewhere and I wouldn't notice.

• krome street & Title theme - Love the tracks. The 80s guitar is rad
  • Attach of the SWAT - I like the d&b fills and industrial guitar juxtaposed with the mournful synth
  • the stratoplex - drop dead lovely
  • iconoclast queen - also nice
  • fulcrum fight - nice tempo and melody
  • Neofeud for The Throne - Good track to round it all off

I've not played the game yet, and I do intend to, but I wonder are there spoilers if you read the track titles?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: March 27, 2018, 03:43:44 PM by Tusky »
<< Signature redacted >>

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #63 on: March 27, 2018, 06:28:38 PM »
As someone who has played the game: I guess that's sort of spoilery, yes, though not too badly... It could be renamed to simply "sacrifice" to unspoil it?
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

Silverspook

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #64 on: March 27, 2018, 07:08:53 PM »
Are you only making the soundtrack available on bandcamp? Or are you going to release it elsewhere. Especially the spotifies. I have an "instrumental soundtrack" playlist I'd certainly like to bolster with some of these tracks!

I've had some more time to absorb the soundtrack, and here are some additional thoughts (other than: well done, It's ace):

I really like the synth wave style. The modem motif that features throughout is great, and I see what you mean about the vangelis vibes - esp in the zenith or superposition. They could almost be put in blade runner somewhere and I wouldn't notice.

• krome street & Title theme - Love the tracks. The 80s guitar is rad
  • Attach of the SWAT - I like the d&b fills and industrial guitar juxtaposed with the mournful synth
  • the stratoplex - drop dead lovely
  • iconoclast queen - also nice
  • fulcrum fight - nice tempo and melody
  • Neofeud for The Throne - Good track to round it all off

I've not played the game yet, and I do intend to, but I wonder are there spoilers if you read the track titles?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Thanks for the kind feedback!

I should definitely put the soundtrack up on Spotify, then. Are there any other sites or platforms that a lot of people get their music from? I am pretty old school about things so I'd be interested to know the best places to put the soundtrack.

I also have it on Itch.io (probably not many people get music there, but worth a shot I guess!)

Tusky

• Sebastokrator
    Citizens' Officer
    • View Profile
    • Tusky Games
    • Awards
« Reply #65 on: March 27, 2018, 07:24:26 PM »

Yea there are a few. Google play, itunes, deezer, groove off the top of my head.

I released my one through tunecore which does have a small upfront fee (don't think I've quite made it back actually! oh dear). If you don't mind that though then they can distribute it to pretty much everywhere for you and then you just have one bit of admin to deal with. Plus it centralises reporting & payments in one place https://www.tunecore.co.uk
<< Signature redacted >>

Silverspook

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #66 on: March 27, 2018, 08:27:13 PM »
Thanks for the suggestion! I am currently adding the soundtrack to Distrokid who should distribute the music up to Spotify, iTunes, etc.. Hope this works!

Silverspook

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #67 on: March 29, 2018, 08:09:36 PM »
The Neofeud soundtrack is now up on Spotify!

It's also up on iTunes and Google Play! More platforms coming soon. :)

If you have a moment, please let me know what platforms you listen to music on and/or buy music with. It would help me greatly, thanks!

Tusky

• Sebastokrator
    Citizens' Officer
    • View Profile
    • Tusky Games
    • Awards
« Reply #68 on: March 30, 2018, 08:43:23 AM »
Awesome!

Although I just ran a search in my Spotify client and it's not there just yet. I think sometimes it can take a few days to process from the time that you submit it?

I'll keep checking and let you know.
<< Signature redacted >>

Silverspook

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #69 on: March 30, 2018, 06:37:10 PM »
Hm, it appears to show up when I search in the Spotify site for me. Still not working for you?

Tusky

• Sebastokrator
    Citizens' Officer
    • View Profile
    • Tusky Games
    • Awards
« Reply #70 on: March 30, 2018, 06:54:01 PM »
Ah it is showing up when I search on the spotify site. Must be something to do with my actual client & caching a previous search or something. I should think it'll be there for everyone else.

I just added it to playlists from the web :p
<< Signature redacted >>

Silverspook

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #71 on: March 31, 2018, 11:33:51 PM »
Excellent :3  I haven't used Spotify much, being an ancient and archaic being from the 80's (lol). Do you know Spotify pays the artists out per play or do folks have to buy the songs, etc.?

Anyway, here's the hot new, "Egalite Cooperative Enforcer" car of Neofeud 2's 20xx future. :)   

And here's a closeup on that animation of the Neofeud 2 character.

I complete the entire walkcycle character animation for this character in this marathon 4-hour stream. (I know kids are running their mouths playing games for 12 hours straight nowadays, but 4 is a long for this ancient 14.4 modem-loving 80's baby!)

If you'd like to support this one-person indiedev in seeing Neofeud 2 completed, please consider picking up Neofeud 1 or helping me out on Patreon. Thanks :)

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #72 on: March 31, 2018, 11:40:10 PM »
Honestly, I feel old fashioned and a mile away from the modern world of long-form game streaming and I was only born in the mid 1990s...

Anyway - Updates from the Forge 23 is out, and I included the soundtrack release in that :)
https://exilian.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=5576
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

Tusky

• Sebastokrator
    Citizens' Officer
    • View Profile
    • Tusky Games
    • Awards
« Reply #73 on: April 01, 2018, 08:40:22 AM »
Do you know Spotify pays the artists out per play or do folks have to buy the songs, etc.?

It's per play on there.

Checked out some of your dev stream. It was interesting. I knew animating took a while - but was illuminating to see you working first hand. Like the thought you need to put into shading to make it look correct for 2d.
You're right in that 3d you don't necessarily need to worry about it so much particularly since the engine renders the lighting etc for you and the model will just pick it up - makes me feel lazy!!
<< Signature redacted >>

Silverspook

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #74 on: April 01, 2018, 12:12:14 PM »
Thanks Jubal for putting Neofeud in that update!

Checked out some of your dev stream. It was interesting. I knew animating took a while - but was illuminating to see you working first hand. Like the thought you need to put into shading to make it look correct for 2d.
You're right in that 3d you don't necessarily need to worry about it so much particularly since the engine renders the lighting etc for you and the model will just pick it up - makes me feel lazy!!

Yeah it can be tricky and time-consuming animating! Neofeud is higher res than most games made in that engine, so it might be slightly less time to animate for others. But thankfully I only have to do a few of those per char for these p-n-c adventure games. Some don't even need animations if they're standing around.

Thanks for checking out the stream!