Author Topic: Neofeud - A Dystopic Cyberpunk Adventure / Visual Novel  (Read 67605 times)

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Neofeud - A Dystopic Cyberpunk Adventure / Visual Novel
« Reply #105 on: July 17, 2018, 09:28:03 PM »
How's everything going? :)
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

Silverspook

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #106 on: July 29, 2018, 11:21:32 AM »
Oh hey! Sorry I haven't been in for a bit. Things are going well, especially since Neofeud is on sale right now!

But yeah, things have definitely been improving over time it seems, as more people are hearing about Neofeud mostly by word of mouth (or wishlist of Steamfriends, or playthrough of 'Tuber, etc.). When I set out, I figured that Neofeud would not be an overnight success or do well because it was "popular" or "viral" or anything like that, but that if it did ever find an audience, it would be something more like a cult following or something people come to by hearing from others who really enjoyed it and understood it (which I knew would not be a subset of gamers, not everyone). I was going to quit gamedev to be honest after Neofeud sold less than 100 copies in the first few months. But it has been slowly picking up with each sale, and as it grows in recognition in certain circles. It could of course always be better, but I am at least not homeless and starving like when I had just finished Neofeud and the family and I were eating peanut butter out of the back of the SUV. :)

Here is some of the latest art work from Neofeud 2, also:

I call it "The Wall". :)

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #107 on: August 01, 2018, 05:39:52 PM »
Heh, nice :) And glad you're picking up players, too!
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

Tusky

• Sebastokrator
    Citizens' Officer
    • View Profile
    • Tusky Games
    • Awards
« Reply #108 on: August 03, 2018, 08:23:20 AM »
Your new artwork is looking really great. I'm enjoying seeing it progress
<< Signature redacted >>

Silverspook

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #109 on: August 04, 2018, 08:49:17 PM »
Thanks Jubal and Tusky!

Also, Neofeud just made it into the top 25 Cyberpunk Games! (Up there with Deus Ex, what an honor!)

http://www.gamersdecide.com/pc-game-news/best-cyberpunk-games-pc

Also, if you were thinking about it, Neofeud is on sale for 6 more days! :)

https://store.steampowered.com/app/673850/Neofeud/

I will also be streaming at around 1:30 Pacific Time today :)

Silverspook

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #110 on: August 07, 2018, 05:01:14 AM »
Woohoo, Neofeud is in the top 25 Cyberpunk Games! (Up there with Deus Ex, what an honor!)

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #111 on: August 09, 2018, 11:45:24 PM »
Neat, congrats! :)

Silverspook

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #112 on: August 16, 2018, 03:25:42 AM »
Thanks! :)

And thanks everyone who picked up Neofeud this sale! If you played and enjoyed Neofeud, don't forget there's also the Neofeud Short Story Collection, which contains 3 other stories set in the world of Neofeud, including "The Six Billion Dollar Baller" prison-break, the story of a cosplayer who struggles to eat by gaining followers and winning cosplay competitions, and more!

Silverspook

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #113 on: August 23, 2018, 11:31:09 PM »
Latest stream, where I talk about a new cyberpunk RPG/FPS-hybrid game I'm working on!

(Screenshot of that game)

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #114 on: August 30, 2018, 12:01:16 AM »
Just got round to watching some of this - looks really interesting, though definitely brutal!

It'd be cool if you did a few more blogpost type things on some of the dev updates - might just be me, but I know I read fast but find it hard to carve out a full hour for your devlog videos so I'm often worrying I've missed stuff.

Silverspook

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #115 on: August 31, 2018, 09:45:50 AM »
Ah, ok. Yeah those videos are more sort of livestream / devstream type things, some people just put them on in the background while working on other things. I'll see about putting something out there in text format in the future though.

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #116 on: August 31, 2018, 10:38:15 AM »
I guess when I'm doing desk-work it's rarely brainless enough to be taking in what you're saying at the same time - downsides of most of my work being either fairly in-depth coding, learning a stupidly obscure language, or trying to hack data out of badly written historical sources with a proverbial machete. :)

Tusky

• Sebastokrator
    Citizens' Officer
    • View Profile
    • Tusky Games
    • Awards
« Reply #117 on: August 31, 2018, 11:13:41 AM »
Just got round to watching some of this - looks really interesting, though definitely brutal!

It'd be cool if you did a few more blogpost type things on some of the dev updates - might just be me, but I know I read fast but find it hard to carve out a full hour for your devlog videos so I'm often worrying I've missed stuff.

Not just you. Due to time differences I'm often not able to join for the live ones, so watch a little of the video/blog afterwards (especially your last blog - really powerful). I'll try and dip in to the live ones where I can though, because they are pretty interesting as well :)

But yes I agree I'd 100% read more of a text / image based log.
<< Signature redacted >>

Silverspook

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #118 on: September 01, 2018, 09:29:54 AM »
Thanks Tusky, feel free to share that one around btw whom might benefit from it. My hope is it prevents anyone else from taking their own life or the lives of others or causing harm in any way.

If anyone knows an easy way I could like automatically convert those videos from speech to text, that might actually be pretty helpful. :)
« Last Edit: September 01, 2018, 09:42:20 AM by Silverspook »

Silverspook

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #119 on: September 30, 2018, 06:47:36 AM »
Thanks everyone who picked up Neofeud! There've been some really nice reviews so far. If you've played through and have a second to leave a few words about Neofeud on Steam I'd much appreciate it! (Also, you can apparently now play Neofeud on Linux through Steam!)

"It's been too long since I've played a game with this much soul in it" "A cyberpunk masterpiece" --Steam reviewers
https://store.steampowered.com/app/673850/Neofeud/