Author Topic: Neofeud - A Dystopic Cyberpunk Adventure / Visual Novel  (Read 66480 times)

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Neofeud - A Dystopic Cyberpunk Adventure / Visual Novel
« Reply #195 on: August 17, 2019, 11:34:18 PM »
Is that meant to be an infra-red vision thing when it goes into red/blue, or? :)
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

Silverspook

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #196 on: August 18, 2019, 11:06:55 AM »
Yep that is an infrared mode! :)

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #197 on: August 18, 2019, 07:11:42 PM »
Ah, OK. :) It confused me a little because I expected that the whole robot wouldn't heat up in IR, just the hydraulics/motors/CPU areas, but that's probably me being waaaaay too picky!
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

Silverspook

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #198 on: September 01, 2019, 04:39:26 AM »

Help me finish this game by grabbing Neofeud 1 on Steam: https://store.steampowered.com/app/673850/Neofeud/

Itch: https://silverspook.itch.io/neofeud

Silverspook

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #199 on: September 07, 2019, 08:11:19 PM »
Good news! I'm going to be providing a demo version of Neofeud 2 for my Patreon supporters at the $5 and higher level, in the near future! Here's a little trailer of Neofeud 2 to get an idea what this cyberpunk adventure game will be like:

In the meantime, you can always pick up Neofeud 1 if you haven't yet!

Silverspook

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #200 on: September 15, 2019, 11:25:17 AM »
Latest animation from Neofeud 2! This took all day to figure out and I watched a bunch of action sequences from Blade Runner, 2049, The Matrix etc. to get an idea for how to do choreograph it. But it was fun to learn how to do it, make it, and I like how it turned out!

Silverspook

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #201 on: September 15, 2019, 09:07:53 PM »

Neofeud is 70% off this week!

One of the recent reviews:

"This is secretly the greatest and also funniest cyberpunk point and click adventure game on Steam. Very low-fi art style but the gags are just too good to pass up, and a lot closer to a "real" cyberpunk dystopian future than most favorites of the genre."

Silverspook

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #202 on: September 21, 2019, 12:37:26 PM »

Silverspook

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #203 on: September 27, 2019, 09:43:55 PM »

Last day to get Neofeud 70% off! "I love this game. I freaking love it... The music is fun, the script is phenomenal, and the philosophy is excellent." --Steam Reviewers https://store.steampowered.com/app/673850/Neofeud/

Silverspook

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #204 on: October 26, 2019, 12:42:36 PM »

Silverspook

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #205 on: October 29, 2019, 09:41:13 AM »

Happy Halloween! Neofeud is on sale :)

Here's one of the recent reviews:

"Holy 90s adventure revival, Batman. Neofeud is a non stop feast of deja vues of interesting but arguably worse games from the 90s like Noctropolis, Harvester or I Have No Mouth and I Have To Scream, done mainly by a (arguably very very intelligent) guy that is from Hawaii and works as a robotics teacher in a probably difficult place - meaning, what you see in the game are things that probably he has been living there. The best part though is how he mixes all the 90s "cd rom multimedia" cyberpunk aesthetic and how he runs with it all along. And the game is very well written, very fair (for the moment at least) and has atmosphere in spades."

Silverspook

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #206 on: November 10, 2019, 07:46:33 PM »
Neofeud is once again on sale, and now has trading cards!

Go from Nano-Augmented Hobo to Cyborg Wage Slave to Neofeudal Monarch-CEO and finally Six Billion Dollar Baller! :D

In addition, I'm currently experimenting with creating a Neofeud card game using the art I've spent years painting. Maybe something in the vein of indie cyberpunk card game 'System Crash', which I really liked and am still playing during downtime.

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #207 on: November 15, 2019, 10:47:54 PM »
In addition, I'm currently experimenting with creating a Neofeud card game using the art I've spent years painting. Maybe something in the vein of indie cyberpunk card game 'System Crash', which I really liked and am still playing during downtime.

This sounds interesting - and yeah, you've got a lot of art now and a very recognisable style which could work really well for it :) What's System Crash like, I've not come across it before?

Silverspook

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #208 on: November 17, 2019, 04:07:02 AM »
System crash is great! Have a look here: https://store.steampowered.com/app/481180/System_Crash/

Also Neofeud is still 70% off! Here's one of the recent reviews:

"really good game. shades of the book The Diamond Age: Or, A Young Lady's Illustrated Primer by Neal Stephenson."

"Holy 90s adventure revival, Batman. Neofeud is a non stop feast of deja vues of interesting but arguably worse games from the 90s like Noctropolis, Harvester or I Have No Mouth and I Have To Scream, done mainly by a (arguably very very intelligent) guy that is from Hawaii and works as a robotics teacher in a probably difficult place - meaning, what you see in the game are things that probably he has been living there. The best part though is how he mixes all the 90s "cd rom multimedia" cyberpunk aesthetic and how he runs with it all along. And the game is very well written, very fair (for the moment at least) and has atmosphere in spades.

Maybe if the references are nothing to you, you will not be able to enjoy it. But that's part of it. Neofeud is a game about empathy, about humanity, about fighting the oppressor, which is what Cyberpunk was about until it was washed out to be the bland neon aesthetic of today. I love it, I love the author, and I hope to see many things from him."

Finally, here is a video of the Neofeud card game (prototype) in action!

Silverspook

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #209 on: November 22, 2019, 02:54:34 AM »

"Neofeud is an ambitious, intelligent, from-the-heart one-man cyberpunk adventure-game tour-de-force" -DeluxeTux
https://store.steampowered.com/app/673850/Neofeud/