Author Topic: Hi  (Read 3150 times)

Caradìlis

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Hi
« on: January 01, 2018, 12:06:57 PM »
Hi everyone... I'm... well, someone, but I'm still trying to find out who that is exactly... Will let you know when I find out (although that might take a while...) I'm not sure if I can contribute a lot to the gaming sector of this page, since the only computer game I've been any good at up to this point has been Skyrim (although I think I'm moderately good at it by this point), but I'll try to learn...  :)
I do a lot of writing in my spare time, mostly along the lines of poetry or fairy tales, with occasional dabbles in other genres... And I have what you might consider a slightly unhealthy obsession with a bunch of things, among which are Shakespeare, Greek mythology, Star Wars, Harry Potter, ASOIAF and Doctor Who and I'm pretty sure those are only half of them...
I've always wanted to be a witch, so I also do a lot of dabbling in healing potions, herbs and traditional medicine and I've done some readings on poisons, but I'm not planning on ever using those, I just feel that knowledge is always something that it is better to have than to lack and you never know what you might use it for...
Hope you all have a great start into 2018... :)
"Those who don't beieve in magic will never find it." - Roald Dahl

Glaurung

• Sakellarios
    Financial Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Hi
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2018, 02:55:53 PM »
Welcome to Exilian! I hope you enjoy being here.

I wouldn't worry about your gaming knowledge: the last computer game I played at any length was Civilisation (the very first one!), more years ago than I now care to remember.

Your "bunch of things" all sound good to me, and I'm sure there are others here at least equally interested in them. Please feel free to look through the fandom area, and add your thoughts.

Caradìlis

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2018, 06:19:47 PM »
Thank you, I will have a look... ;D

Clockwork

• Charming Prince of Darkness
  • Citizens
    Voting Member
  • Bitter? Me? portugal no, I think it's hilarious.
  • Awards Came first in the Summer 2020 Exilian forum pub quiz
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2018, 06:23:28 PM »
Hi, welcome :)

If you're looking to get into gaming I can likely help.
Once you realize what a joke everything is, being the Comedian is the only thing that makes sense.

Caradìlis

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2018, 06:31:50 PM »
I am always ready to learn (albeit probably slowly...) :)

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2018, 09:00:58 PM »
Many welcomes :)

The writing section (which I believe you've found) is also a good place to post stuff: https://exilian.co.uk/forum/index.php?board=64.0

Also, let me know if there are any issues you're having with formatting posts or using the post writing/editing interface - I'm keen to know what else needs tutorials writing about it etc :)
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

Caradìlis

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2018, 09:39:53 PM »
Yes, I might have had a little help with that (a long time ago, but I'm pretty sure it happened in this galaxy...) ;D

Okay, will let you know if the formatting thing does not take a liking to me (couldn't blame it, I would hate me too, if I were a formatting system, since I basically usually go aroung ignoring those, but I will try being polite to this one and say hi to it from time to time...) :)