Author Topic: First time here and Steam Early Access Announcement of my game Rogue Empire  (Read 3847 times)

gw-roguempire

• View Profile
    • Awards
Hello all! This is my first post in this community. Honestly just figured out it existed thanks to a  tweet of @ExilianOfficial who suggested me to put up a post here  ;D

My name is German Wachintz and I am the creator of Rogue Empire, a dungeon crawler roguelike rpg. The game is about (19th of January) to hit early access so I am kind of nervous. Good thing is, so far I have really good feedback from the itch.io market.

Some Interesting links:

Steam store page:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/650940/Rogue_Empire_Dungeon_Crawler_RPG/

Itch.io store page:
https://portal-entertainment.itch.io/rogue-empire

Official site:
www.roguempire.com

Trailer:

Some Gifs, because why not  :P

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Ooh, I really love roguelikes :)

How would you say it compares to other games in the genre? It looks quite visually flashy (big bold readouts for damage etc), and it's clear you've got a huge amount of content which is nice. What sort of storyline have you got, and what's the focus on as a player (battle tactics, or managing item use, etc)? :)
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

gw-roguempire

• View Profile
    • Awards
Hey man! Glad yo like rogue likes!

Some say rogue empire is like the child of Adom and ToMe... not sure if that means anything to you haha.

Right now you got a small pre-made campaign with a human warrior that is a prequel story wise (several years before) to the main campaign. Then there is the main campaign with 7 unique races and 5 different classes (this one is yet incomplete, but no body beat the current last boss yet. Its like very long already.).

The story is fairly deep, with a little gloom and doom maybe. Main parts are illustrated. For more insight to the story here is the games story intro: https://youtu.be/5JLl-S_O0uQ

Focus is making getting into it easy and getting more complex as it goes. The leveling system is quite unique (starting from level 3).

Also to anyone who can, I am running a thunderclap (synchronizes social media shutouts). If you can support me with your social love I would love it!
 https://www.thunderclap.it/projects/66507-rogue-empire-roguelike-rpg

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Awesome, I'll look at the story soon and then maybe come back with some more questions :D

Exilian's main twitter feed has been added to the thunderclap, so hopefully that helps :)
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

gw-roguempire

• View Profile
    • Awards
Thanks man!

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Just watched the lore presentation, sounds fun! Very nicely narrated as well, good and clear (and the right amount of hammy hollywood-trailer style to it). :)

Also, speaking of ADOM and ToMe, should I play ADOM? I know ToME very well, but I never got round to ADOM somehow...

gw-roguempire

• View Profile
    • Awards
Adom is very fun! Although its more difficult than ToME. I won passed ToME several times and Adom only once in none proper roguelike mode.

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
I think the only roguelike I ever "won" was Pixel Dungeon, which is rather simpler! I'm a terrible gamer - I even struggle playtesting my own games at times!

gw-roguempire

• View Profile
    • Awards
Well, Rogue Empire's short campaign is fairly doable after a few runs. The main campaign is a little bit more challenging (no one beat the latest boss yet).

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
I'll definitely have to try it whenever I next get some time! :)