Author Topic: Alien Gem Catcher - Catch falling gems, survive bomb rain [Android]  (Read 2102 times)

Aurioch

• View Profile
    • Awards
Hello everyone :D

Boy, it was a long time I posted here.
No, I'm not dead. Far from it, it's never going better. (Considering the state of my life 2 years ago, it's not that big of an improvement... still solo, sob sob)
Long story short, last year I've finally finished my Bachelor course and got Bachelor degree in Computer Engineering. And right now I'm pursuing Master's in Programming Engineering, so between all the classes, homeworks and assignments, plus some exctra things I took (being a demonstrator - basically assistant - and starting to train fencing), university time leaves a little time to rest. Most of the time, I keep myself to Steam and Skype, rarely visiting other pages - and thus often forgetting to check what's going on here and to say "hi".

In short, I'm very well and alive, and busy as heck XD

With that little apolodate out of the way, I'm glad to present the first game I finally managed to actually finish AND publish in my 8 year career as a hobbyist game dev:

You control the little alien who tries to collect as many gems as possible. Blue gems bring the most points, while other gems provide boost to alien's abilities (life, passive power and active power for red, green and yellow gem respectively). It's an endless type of game, so the high score is the main and only point of the game - but that might change in the future.
The game is currently in the beta phase, so feedback will be appreciated so that I can iron out at least the critical things. Game will stay in beta until I implement online leaderboards using Google's services, at which point I'm releasing for real if the game is in usable state.
I also have other updates in mind (multiple aliens, each with own set of passive and active, different tile sets etc.), but I'll leave that for gradual updates otherwise I'd never release the game.

Video preview:

Link to Google Play store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.aurioch.aliengemcatcher

Any feedback is appreciated, and those who want, can fill out this quick survey: https://goo.gl/forms/fQyUarhnVWZKSB313

Thanks for reading!

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Welcome back! :)

Looks fun, I'll try and have a go with it sometime soon, maybe won't get time until the weekend though.
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...