Author Topic: Sidereal - A narrative-driven 2d spacepunk adventure game  (Read 4041 times)

Vrosivs Avgvstvs Rakvs

• Citizens
    Voting Member
  • A Bustle in Your Hedgerow
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Sidereal - A narrative-driven 2d spacepunk adventure game
« on: November 04, 2018, 02:16:35 PM »

Greetings everyone!

I'm Uroš, a member of Spacepunk Studio, a newborn indie gamedev studio, and we're currently making our first ever PC video game - Sidereal.

A bit of history before I go on with talking about the game itself. Earlier this year I was talking with two friends of mine, both of them game developers, and we talked about their gamedev endeavors. After a while we came up with an idea about a project/game that will later be named "Sidereal", and I got asked to be the writer for the game. I happily accepted that invitation, and here we are now, a team of three enthusiastically working on our first project ever - Sidereal.

Sidereal is a singleplayer 2d side-scroller with heavy focus on storytelling and narration. It will be a three-episode piece - an idea that came to us when we realized that the task is a bit too great of an undertaking to be done in one swipe by one artist, one coder, and one writer. Of course, we will be aiming to produce and release all three episodes with the shortest possible delay between episodes. The game is set in a distant dystopian future. With lots of interesting things to unravel, and an intriguing story, we hope that Sidereal will prove to be a unique thought-provoking experience for everyone. Sadly, I cannot disclose much more about the game itself at this point, but if you're interested and would like to follow the game's development and be informed of its release date and other information, feel free to follow us on social media:
instagram.com/sidereal_game
facebook.com/siderealgame
twitter.com/sidereal_game

We are aiming to release the game on Steam, and will keep everyone updated as progress is made along the way.  :)

Thank you for your attention, and of course, any feedback is greatly appreciated!  ;D
Sincerely,
Spacepunk Studio
« Last Edit: November 05, 2018, 10:30:32 AM by Vrosivs Avgvstvs Rakvs »
Rome Total Realism Project Dev Team Member and  Head of Public Relations
RTR VII Beta Tester/Dev Team Member
-----------------------------------------
"Coasting through the intermission that separates day from day, I find myself feeling oddly at peace with reality. Despite everything, I think life will workout in the end. The world, as as I see it is a remarkable place." - DukeCanada, the interstellar wanderer.
Proud patron of Aule_the_creator

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Sidereal - A narrative-driven 2d spacepunk adventure game
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2018, 04:13:45 PM »
Ooh, exciting - look forward to seeing you post more updates :)
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

Tusky

• Sebastokrator
    Citizens' Officer
    • View Profile
    • Tusky Games
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2018, 08:19:46 AM »
Looks really interesting, I like the art style you've been using so far in those poster style social media updates :)

Will be good to see how it comes along with game screenies etc. Followed on twitter!
<< Signature redacted >>

Vrosivs Avgvstvs Rakvs

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2018, 10:28:41 AM »
Ooh, exciting - look forward to seeing you post more updates :)
Thanks Jubal, as time goes on the updates will be more varied  :)

Looks really interesting, I like the art style you've been using so far in those poster style social media updates :) Will be good to see how it comes along with game screenies etc. Followed on twitter!

Thank you Tusky, I'll make sure to forward the compliment to our artist ;D 
"Coasting through the intermission that separates day from day, I find myself feeling oddly at peace with reality. Despite everything, I think life will workout in the end. The world, as as I see it is a remarkable place." - DukeCanada, the interstellar wanderer.

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2018, 02:21:43 PM »
Finally got round to following the social media for this :)

How did you guys boost eg your Twitter following so fast, out of interest?
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2018, 10:51:27 AM »
Duly included in the latest newsletter:
https://exilian.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=5823.0 :)

Vrosivs Avgvstvs Rakvs

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2018, 12:09:13 PM »

Finally got round to following the social media for this :)   How did you guys boost eg your Twitter following so fast, out of interest?

Firstly, sorry for the late reply, things have been really really hectic these days, we were grinding hard on further developing the gameplay at this early stage as well as crafting an entry voice acting script for people that have shown interest to participate. The game is slowly but surely taking form.
Secondly, regarding twitter followers - the account itself is not new, it was opened by the other two devs some time ago for their earlier projects, and then re-purposed for the game, so the majority of the following is from the previous projects.

Duly included in the latest newsletter:
https://exilian.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=5823.0 :)

And thank you so much for including the project in the newsletter! Very much appreciated!  ;D

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2018, 01:11:49 PM »
Ah, that makes sense re social media - thanks :)

And you're very welcome! I try and include any project that's posting regularly at least once every 2-3 months.