Author Topic: Free Games  (Read 38531 times)

Silver Wolf

• Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Free Games
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2010, 11:46:14 AM »
No I haven't played it yet and it's still in alpha version, so I recommend you to wait for beta...

Little Fighter 2 - 2d side scrolling fighting game... It even supports multiple players on one computer... I've played it myself a few years ago and I loved it...

Return to Castle Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory - multiplayer fps ... I've tried this one too and I liked it... Zephron played it too...

The battle of Endor & The battle of Yavin - 3d space shooter simulations based on Star Wars

The Battle for Wesnoth - turn-based tactical strategy game with a high fantasy theme, featuring both single-player, and online/hotseat multiplayer combat

FreeCol - a turn-based strategy game based on the old game Colonization, and similar to Civilization

EDIT : Minecraft seems to be a commercial game...
« Last Edit: May 28, 2010, 11:52:30 AM by Silver Wolf »
"Less of a young professional - more of an ancient amateur. But frankly, I'm an absolute dream."

Son of the King

• Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
  • Awards Awarded for outstanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • SotK
    • Awards
Free Games
« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2010, 06:10:34 PM »
I always think of it as free since I play the multplayer sandbox mode mostly, which is free to play atm afaik.

Silver Wolf

• Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Free Games
« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2011, 05:53:21 PM »
Stronghold Kingdoms is in open beta and it's one hell of game ...

If you've liked Stronghold, you're going to love this ... It's basically an MMO real time strategy game...

"Less of a young professional - more of an ancient amateur. But frankly, I'm an absolute dream."

hazzacanary

• View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Free Games
« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2011, 11:48:41 PM »
anyone else noticed that team fortress 2 became free to play (freemium) today?
I CAN HAZ CANARY!

debux

• RTW Modders and Tutorialists
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2011, 02:57:49 AM »
Pretty much :D . Although I did feel cheated to think I got it 6 months ago (even if it was a quarter of it's original price, but hey, who would have gotten TF2 knowing that it was bound to come out F2P?)

I hope a few of my buddies start playing... for me it has gotten kinda boring to be the only one that can laugh about the funny things that can happen, as only I understand how the game works, usually my friends stared at me for a while when I tried to explain them my funny happenings in TF2 (I don't even try anymore)
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination

START ANSWERING PHOENIXGUARD! POST AS MUCH AS YE DID IN YE OLD DAYS :D

hazzacanary

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2011, 09:47:42 AM »
well ive risked leaving my laptop on for 24 gours continuously to download it on my rubbish internet speed. AND ITS STILL NOT FINISHED!!!
I CAN HAZ CANARY!

hazzacanary

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: June 25, 2011, 10:00:41 AM »
oh and debux - when this thing is finished downloading we should form an exilian team.
I CAN HAZ CANARY!

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: June 25, 2011, 03:18:03 PM »
Talking of teams, should we do an Exilian Games again at some point? Might be fun to do sometime soon when people aren't too busy over summer...
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

hazzacanary

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: June 25, 2011, 05:22:12 PM »
definitely - start a poll to select what games we'll actually be playing. How many should we include?
I CAN HAZ CANARY!

comrade_general

« Reply #24 on: June 25, 2011, 06:35:51 PM »
If you think it will turn out better than last time...

debux

• RTW Modders and Tutorialists
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: June 26, 2011, 12:53:44 AM »
There's always hope :P I think we should all use some kind of IM system, and I hate having to log on to MSN. Besides, I only have 3 fellow Exilianers on my list

IIRC, most people play between RTW, Warhammer and M&B. Feel free to expand the list
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination

START ANSWERING PHOENIXGUARD! POST AS MUCH AS YE DID IN YE OLD DAYS :D

hazzacanary

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: June 26, 2011, 11:22:58 AM »
i think youre right there debux, but could we include an fps as well? i dont know which one - possibly tf2, a.v.a or combat arms (theyre all freemium)
I CAN HAZ CANARY!

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: June 26, 2011, 12:13:08 PM »
I've made a Q&S thread for further discussion.
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

Silver Wolf

• Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: July 31, 2011, 10:55:35 PM »
Age of Conan is now free to play... There are still some restrictions, but it's cool anyway.
I don't intend to miss this....

http://www.ageofconan.com/

Keedo420

• M&B Modders and Tutorialists
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: August 01, 2011, 11:21:43 PM »
Survival Crisis Z

Old game, but a classic. Action/rpg. Run around killing zombies, scavaging for supplies, and getting better weapons. But wait, there's more! There are three factions of survivors in the game - Rebels, Cops (or Swat or whatever), and Neutral. You can team up with any of them. Each faction has several bases around the city where you can get missions or buy/sell supplies. You can also attempt to take over leadership of a friendly base by fighting off a huge swarm of zombies or you can attempt a hostile takeover of an enemy base by fighting off a swarm of the enemy faction (much harder since they have guns). All three of the factions will fight the zombies and can turn into zombies if they take too much damage. Occasionally npcs will join you when you enter a friendly base (you don't get a choice, they just join you). They will follow you around and fight zombies, but you have to keep them healed or they will turn into zombies. If you can handle the outdated graphics, this game is a lot of fun.