Author Topic: Loading Screens Proposal  (Read 8361 times)

Shjn

• View Profile
    • Awards
Loading Screens Proposal
« on: July 27, 2009, 01:07:45 AM »
Here you go  :D

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Loading Screens Proposal
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2009, 10:15:37 AM »
That... looks utterly awesome, thanks!

A few more ideas perhaps here;

Pelayo; the first leader of the reconquista.

The Commagene and Gorin Empires both have quite a Byzantine feel, so maybe a bit of Byzantine art;

Religion is another developing feature, including a great schism between the Calradic Orinite church and the southern Varalite church.
Large image of a monk drinking;
Spoiler: click to toggle

And for an Orinite monk preaching the crusade this would be awesome;
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

Shjn

• View Profile
    • Awards
Loading Screens Proposal
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2009, 12:07:55 PM »
Thanks

I'll look into these raw images you've posted and propose some re-worked screens afterward

Perhaps some of Religious pictures can be displayed as Event/Specific Quest screens, same principle like the ones in Sword of Damocles V4.1 (If you happen to see them, there are quite some, all my previous work)

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Loading Screens Proposal
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2009, 02:58:03 PM »
Yea. Religious stuff is still very much in dev stages, but I hope to have much more done on it soon.
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

Bridgeburner

• View Profile
    • Awards
Loading Screens Proposal
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2009, 07:27:22 AM »
have you thought of doing a little poaching? SoD Invasion has a decent religious scheme going on. Y not just ask to use the code?

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Loading Screens Proposal
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2009, 09:00:49 AM »
Because I've got a half-worked version of my own code which I'd quite like to finish. It'll link in to a bunch of stuff, so I'd quite like it if it's my code at base and I know what everything does for certain.

Bridgeburner

• View Profile
    • Awards
Loading Screens Proposal
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2009, 05:20:43 PM »
ok geez man. I was just making a suggestion no need to snap. By the by how is SR comin along?

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Loading Screens Proposal
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2009, 09:40:43 PM »
***t, did that sound like I was being snappy? if so, I unreservedly apologise. I seriously did not mean that to be anything other than a statement of reasoning. :ermm:

Marcus

• Devourer of Souls
  • Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
  • I think, therefore I am.
    • View Profile
    • http://exilian.co.uk/
    • Awards
Loading Screens Proposal
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2009, 01:48:10 AM »
Quote from: "Bridgeburner"
ok geez man. I was just making a suggestion no need to snap. By the by how is SR comin along?
Sorry to break it to you, but you need a thicker skin. That post was merely Jubal stating why he didn't just use someone elses code, not him snapping at anyone.
"So if you meet me, have some courtesy, have some sympathy, and some taste. Use all your well learned politesse, or I'll lay your soul to waste."

Bridgeburner

• View Profile
    • Awards
Loading Screens Proposal
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2009, 08:34:04 PM »
no worries man i read it wrong. i apologize for making you apologize. Now that we are all moved past it let us talk about something else...like SR's progress...lol

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Loading Screens Proposal
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2009, 10:05:43 AM »
It's moving along alright at the moment. Sea battles still need some major changes of course, but generally things aren't too bad there now I've fixed the HP issue.

Work at the moment is focusing on getting the new areas up to the depth and standard of the older ones. The Orinite Church now has its larger southern rival, the Varalite, which has its own troop tree and priories. You'll be able to join one or the other (or, eventually, the Conrile church followed by the Rhodoks, or one of a number of other religions).

Bridgeburner

• View Profile
    • Awards
Loading Screens Proposal
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2009, 12:40:46 AM »
:DarkstarOnly:  all kneel to jubal the british god of SR and modding. On friday ill be leaving for a week and will be ain a part of the worl without any form of internet... NE Maine. So i hope to come back to substanative advances on the progress of my apsolute favorite mod, TLD...lol. kidding, it is SR of course.

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Loading Screens Proposal
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2009, 10:42:58 AM »
Back to topic...

Shjn, can you email these to me? I'm quite keen to get them ingame reasonably soon.

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Loading Screens Proposal
« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2009, 05:11:42 PM »
These are now ingame.  :D