Author Topic: Advice from the Brits  (Read 2677 times)

Bridgeburner

• View Profile
    • Awards
Advice from the Brits
« on: July 27, 2009, 03:36:02 AM »
Hello my frumpy british friends i have a question to ask. I am looking at places in london to live if i go there for school. My question is this: what parts of london should i absolutely avoid like a plague ridden corpse? I ask for rumors, common knowledge, really anything. here is what i'm looking for. Harlem and south central are places one should never pass through...ever. I have never been to LA or NY, but i know to avoid these places with extreme agility. These type of things would be appreciated.

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Advice from the Brits
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2009, 10:06:35 PM »
AFAIK there are few places that are too awful... I seem to remember parts of Soho are bad, and various bits round the East End.
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

Bridgeburner

• View Profile
    • Awards
Advice from the Brits
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2009, 07:29:28 AM »
i do not know what AFAIK means. Also, "soho" and "around the east end" are not helpful Jubal my friend. I know Hackney=bad or so i hear. This is the type of thing i need!!!!!

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Advice from the Brits
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2009, 08:57:57 AM »
As Far As I Know.  :P

But yea, I've not lived in London so I probably can't give you much info. Where the hell are the other Brits here anyway?  ^o)
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

Gen_Glory

• Patrikios
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Advice from the Brits
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2009, 09:58:00 PM »
croydon

pretty much entire south London [lots of guns and knives and chavs]
Tis but a scratch...

DeepComet5581

• Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
  • Kitten with a Camera
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
    • Awards
Advice from the Brits
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2009, 12:28:03 AM »
I have been there dozens of times and I can say that there are only 2 places to live in London. Greater London (The city centre, Waterloo, Westminister etc.) or find a flat outside of London and commute in every morning.

The house prices in London are quite high, so you may want to consider somewhere to the West of Central London or... just go to school somewhere else.
I used to do actual stuff around here, don't you know?

I would be ever so grateful if you would visit my YouTube Channel :)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsLjOCNLe0ECID84Y3nrEjQ

Bridgeburner

• View Profile
    • Awards
Advice from the Brits
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2009, 04:20:15 PM »
lol. nah. I have a decent housing budget so im not too worried about housing costs. I've been looking at crystal palace a place that starts with a D and another place that i forgot. im looking around 800lbs(lol) a month for rent. So i'm not too restricted as far as i've seen from my own looking. As its going now i think im going to contact a letting agent before i go over so they can do the leg work for me.