Author Topic: What should I play next?  (Read 3895 times)

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
What should I play next?
« on: July 13, 2020, 12:24:30 PM »
In case anyone has thoughts. Not planning to do more Bannerlord for now, the combat glitchyness is getting to me too much.

Main options under consideration:
  • Buy & play Dragon Age II - big downside is that this will cost money, and also I have DA1 on GOG which doesn't sell DA2.
  • Buy & play Skyrim. Will also cost coin. I've not played any TES games, which makes it probably the biggest RPG franchise I've never tried, and maybe I should do? But it seems a huge undertaking and I'm not sure how worth it I'd find it.
  • Play Shadowrun Returns or Shadowrun Hong Kong (probably Returns first?)
  • Have another go with The Witcher 2. I stopped it because I absolutely hated the combat compared to Witcher 1 but maybe I should give it another try.
  • I also have Pillars of Eternity, Heroes of Might & Magic 3, The Witness, Psychonauts, and Mable and the Wood on my to play list.
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

Tusky

• Sebastokrator
    Citizens' Officer
    • View Profile
    • Tusky Games
    • Awards
Re: What should I play next?
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2020, 01:05:29 PM »
I'm 100% voting Skyrim. It's a wonderful game in many many ways
« Last Edit: July 13, 2020, 01:11:11 PM by Tusky »
<< Signature redacted >>

Gmd

• The one and only
  • Citizens
    Voting Member
  • Quack
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2020, 04:42:02 PM »
I must say I've never heard anyone say they liked the combat from witcher 1. If you really dislike witcher 2, you can skip and do 3 maybe? its a substantial improvement. I can send some plot synopsis vidoes if u like, but most the characters from 2 only cameo for a few quests.

My vote would be for witcher 2/3 or skyrim.
Bunneh and I Rule this land in the name of Supreme Lord Krishna.

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") 

Give me my green name back!!! I am always Logothetes

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2020, 10:03:35 PM »
So I guess for me the problem space of the witcher 1's combat felt close tactical - most of the decisions were about picking and having the right tools for the job, with fairly simple timed clicks and not getting swamped as issues to deal with. Whereas witcher 2 felt like it was a position and timing matter for the most part, and that's much more awkward for me to cope with.

In the interests of not spending money I actually played through the Shadowrun Returns base campaign, Dead Man's Switch, this week. It's fun enough, though not a patch on Dragonfall which just has vastly better character development.
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...