Author Topic: What digital games are you playing?  (Read 36051 times)

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: What are you playing?
« Reply #30 on: November 29, 2020, 04:07:54 PM »
I don't know what to play next :( Could go back and see if Bannerlord has improved... I'm kind of feeling like another RPG would be good maybe, but I don't know which I really want to play.
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

Tusky

• Sebastokrator
    Citizens' Officer
    • View Profile
    • Tusky Games
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: November 29, 2020, 04:45:36 PM »
Skyrim
<< Signature redacted >>

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: November 29, 2020, 05:37:04 PM »
I knew you'd say that :)

But yeah, that would make a lot of sense honestly. I just have a feeling I'll hate the combat, from what I've seen of it?
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

Tusky

• Sebastokrator
    Citizens' Officer
    • View Profile
    • Tusky Games
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: November 29, 2020, 05:50:00 PM »
I knew you'd say that :)

Haha. Darn I am getting predictable

But yeah, that would make a lot of sense honestly. I just have a feeling I'll hate the combat, from what I've seen of it?

Yes I'd say the melee combat can be a little clunky, but there are other options you can do - like be an arrow person or spelly person. Or maybe summon things to fight for you
<< Signature redacted >>

Gmd

• The one and only
  • Citizens
    Voting Member
  • Quack
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: November 30, 2020, 07:47:20 PM »
And you know what ill say: the witcher 3
Bunneh and I Rule this land in the name of Supreme Lord Krishna.

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") 

Give me my green name back!!! I am always Logothetes

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: December 01, 2020, 11:13:35 PM »
So, I have started playing Skyrim. So far it's... fine I guess? It's very pretty and there's clearly a lot in there, I'm not sure how much energy I have to sink myself into the lore dumps. I am as expected not hugely enjoying the combat: I definitely prefer my RPG combat more tactical and party-driven, and whilst I'm sure the game has some quickslotting and weapon switching options somewhere I've not worked them out & it could do with providing some actual training in their use. I just gave up for the evening after dying in a boss fight with a big spider thingy (OK maybe it was a mini-boss but still) and then realising I'd have to do twenty minutes of poking around the first barrow-dungeon all over again to get back to said boss fight. I do like the graphics, which are very nice indeed, and I like the very open feeling of the thing and what you can/might want to do.

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: February 02, 2021, 11:06:29 PM »
Hades turns out to be next on my list: I think I'm doing OK with it, played quite a few runs so far and got as far as being killed by Theseus. I like the plotline, the combat is a bit frantic for my liking and I'm super reliant on getting deflection dashes or something to deal with that, but all in all I'd say I'm having fun and the character work is neat :)

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: February 11, 2021, 10:14:44 PM »
Finished the Hades main quest. Still a lot of content in that game to go, but going to take a break from it now for a bit!

Gmd

• The one and only
  • Citizens
    Voting Member
  • Quack
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: March 18, 2021, 07:29:13 PM »
after completion whats your verdict on hades? been on my list for a while now

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") 

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: March 20, 2021, 03:22:36 PM »
Absolutely recommend. It's a fantastic game, the plot is very well put together and I really enjoyed it. :)

I'm now working my way through Dragon Age 2 with the usual joys and issues of me playing RPGs - not understanding what the dialogues will lead to and always having my inventory over-full. I'm enjoying it, anyway: my character is Rusudan Hawke, she's an apostate mage, I'm basically being the party healer type. Looking forward to seeing how the plot develops (though some major bits are either obvious or spoilered).

Gmd

• The one and only
  • Citizens
    Voting Member
  • Quack
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #40 on: March 29, 2021, 01:19:26 AM »
I'll be sure to give hades a go then. Heard great things.

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") 

Pentagathus

• King of the Wibulnibs
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #41 on: June 27, 2021, 04:36:12 PM »
Been spending a disgusting amount of time playing Bannerlord recently. It may be lacking in immersive features atm but it truly is fantastic.

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #42 on: July 03, 2021, 01:24:16 PM »
Yeah, I did some time in it recently and enjoyed it, I should finish writing my Bannerlord boardgame guides sometime really as I've cracked the strategies for several others of them.

My current thing though is playing Wildermyth, which I'm really enjoying.

DeepCandle Games

• RPG author and big nerd
  • Citizens
    Voting Member
  • Aspiring TTRPG Writer
    • View Profile
    • My Ko-Fi Shop-front!
    • Awards
« Reply #43 on: August 06, 2021, 12:44:43 PM »
Playing some Warbands, in the WarSword warhammer fantasy mod, Return Of Reckoning, GasLands and testing my own stuff (but that's more as a GM)
I write many projects focused around RPGs and rules expansions!

If you'd like to support me you can buy (or download for free) my finished work from https://ko-fi.com/nanoteq_rpg or play-test them with me on my discord!

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #44 on: August 07, 2021, 11:37:26 AM »
I've gone back to Hades this week quite a lot. I've been achievement hunting, basically, at this point - I've more or less run out of plot, there are some unique dialogues I've not managed to see yet but they're so arbitrary in the RNG needed that I don't think there's much point in chasing those.

I got all 3 courtyard items unlocked, which involved a win on level 32 pact of punishment setting, something I am definitely not planning to do again any time soon: even with damage reduction on that was a bit hellish. Also tricky was the achievement for getting a 30 percent damage bonus from a particular side item, which I did eventually manage - it improves the bonus any time you complete a room without taking any damage, and I am not the nimblest of players.

All I really have left now are two of the minor prophecies - one duo boon and one weapon enchantment left to go - and one steam achievement, to max rank all the standard keepsake items, which basically is just a case of grinding through about ten runs to level them all up. None of those should be technically difficult now, it's just a question of whether I have the time and energy.

I really should go back to making and testing more of Exile Princes.