Author Topic: The Iazyges, Marcomanni and Quadi Mod - a mod for Rome: Total War Barbarian Inv  (Read 5074 times)

warcrafthero

• View Profile
    • Awards
Warcrafthero presents,
The Iazyges, Marcomanni and Quadi Mod - a mod for Rome: Total War Barbarian Invasion

Hello, some of you may know that in Barbarian Invasion there are some "cut factions". Two of these are well known, The White Huns and Moors, but among the files I found references of another three: The Iazyges, The Marcomanni and The Quadi. Only a few files about these factions can be found in Barbarian Invasion, such as battle banners, captain banners and symbols in the interface. Unfortunately no unit skins or unit cards were left so I do not know what units they had and what was their role in the game; it is possible that they were cut during the early stages of development.

So, in this mod I have replaced the Burgundii, Langobards and Roxolani with these factions, assigned them some units and placed them in the campaign map.

Features:

- The mod is mod-foldered. This means that the files of the original games are not modified as the mod has its own folder.
- Replaced the Burgundii, Langobards and Roxolani with Iazyges, Marcommanni and Quadi. Fully playable in campaign and custom battles mode.
- Alemanni, Celts and Saxons can become an horde.
- Reworked some barbarian horde units.
- Changed/fixed some unit icons.
- New model for the Kerns. (actually an unused model found in the vanilla game)
- Added an "all factions" provincial campaign where the player can also play as the Romano-British, Slavs and Ostrogoths.
- Fixed various bugs thanks to player1 and Borsook BUG-FIXER.

DOWNLOAD FROM MODDB

Version 1.0

https://www.moddb.com/mods/the-iazyges-marcomanni-and-quadi-mod/downloads/the-iazyges-marcomanni-and-quadi-mod-version-10

Patch 1

https://www.moddb.com/mods/the-iazyges-marcomanni-and-quadi-mod/downloads/the-iazyges-marcomanni-and-quadi-mod-patch-1

Some screenshots (large images!):

Iazyges (roster, campaign map, in battle)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Marcomanni (roster, campaign, in battle)

Quadi (roster, campaign map, in battle)

Bonus: Celtic Kerns

More screenshots can be found in the mod's page on Moddb

Credits:

The Creative Assembly, for developing Rome: Total War and its expansions Rome: Total War Barbarian Invasion and Rome: Total War Alexander
player1 and Borsook for the BUG-FIXER v3.36
http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?39911-BUG-FIXER-for-patch-1-5-1-6
Lanjane for the Celtic Kerns and Mercenary Kerns unit cards
https://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?687107-Lanjane-s-Mini-Workshop-Unit-cards-for-Rome-Total-War

Installation Instructions:

I hope you will enjoy the mod  :)

Greetings,

Warcrafthero
« Last Edit: September 20, 2020, 12:07:23 PM by warcrafthero »

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Neat work, well done!
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

korsakoff

• View Profile
    • Awards
Awesome! i was originally looking into modding and adding the Iazyges myself some months ago but forgot to back it all up when doing a regular windows wipe and lost everything. The roster for them is pretty spot on good work!  ;D

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
It's always been a pity that the engine didn't just let you add more factions, having the whole of Europe being a complete patchwork of these sorts of guys would've been great.
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

warcrafthero

• View Profile
    • Awards
Patch 1 is available for download!

https://www.moddb.com/mods/the-iazyges-marcomanni-and-quadi-mod/downloads/the-iazyges-marcomanni-and-quadi-mod-patch-1

Changelog:

- Fixed Western Roman Empire Limitanei texture
- Fixed a few typos in export_descr_ancillaries.txt and export_ancillaries.txt

Installation:

Extract the "IMQ_MOD_PATCH_1.RAR" archive then place the content of the "imq" folder where you have installed the mod (bi/imq folder). When asked, overwrite the existing files.

Thank you korsakoff and Jubal!

BagaturKhan

• View Profile
    • Awards
This is mod is one of my favourites, because of vanilla style and interesting gameplay of new 3 factions.
Fully finished stories about "World of Infinitas"
- Revenge of Tyrants. Darkness
- Revenge of Tyrants. Storm of Souls
- Revenge of Tyrants. Dragons Destiny
- Revenge of Tyrants. Not a lucky adventure
- Tale about doge Bertolino
- What is space
- The Fly
- Potestas War saga