Author Topic: What to do in lockdown?  (Read 2604 times)

Pentagathusosaurus rex

• King of the Wibulnibs
    • View Profile
    • Awards
What to do in lockdown?
« on: November 15, 2020, 02:18:33 PM »
Sup peeps, we're back in a second lockdown and I'm really getting bored this time. Life was pretty weird for me during the first one so I didn't really notice it too much, but now it would getting back to something vaguely normalish if it weren't for the lockdown. I work monday to friday and I have absolutely nothing work related to do when I'm not at work, I'm not a student atm either. By the time I've finished work and walked the dog it's usually dark so I don't mind watching stuff on the youtube in the evenings or reading/audiobooking but I really don't know what to do with myself on the weekends. Especially when the weather sucks.
What have you folks been doing to stay sane?

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: What to do in lockdown?
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2020, 03:11:40 PM »
TTRPG-ing more has been one of the biggest shifts I guess, and the usual creative projects, tinkering with writing RPG notes and game design. I'm also getting through work so slowly that that leaks into weekends a lot too sometimes... also various online things. You should come to the next Exilian virtual pubmoot :)
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

Tusky

• Sebastokrator
    Citizens' Officer
    • View Profile
    • Tusky Games
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2020, 10:24:26 AM »
For me it's similarly been creative projects, my game one that's been something that's ongoing for a while now. I've also been spending more time on other things I don't usually do for lack of time: using my graphics tab to draw things and playing a bit more guitar.

Also finding a nice long game to enjoy is a good time sink.

You should come to the next Exilian virtual pubmoot :)

Seconded!!

<< Signature redacted >>

Pentagathusosaurus rex

• King of the Wibulnibs
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2020, 05:39:38 PM »
I could probably manage a virtual pubmoot

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2020, 06:42:59 PM »
Yay :) Are you getting the Exilian emails these days?
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

dubsartur

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2020, 04:00:34 AM »
Sup peeps, we're back in a second lockdown and I'm really getting bored this time. Life was pretty weird for me during the first one so I didn't really notice it too much, but now it would getting back to something vaguely normalish if it weren't for the lockdown. I work monday to friday and I have absolutely nothing work related to do when I'm not at work, I'm not a student atm either. By the time I've finished work and walked the dog it's usually dark so I don't mind watching stuff on the youtube in the evenings or reading/audiobooking but I really don't know what to do with myself on the weekends. Especially when the weather sucks.
What have you folks been doing to stay sane?
Well, sane is a loaded term what with the depression I am being treated for and the neurodiversity.  I have a backlog of books to read and books and articles to write (and my new one which I need to market), and I need to find a job and set up things in my new country, so those take up a lot of the limited function I have right now.  I have also been thinking alot about the things I learned over the past decade about how my brain works, and about those groups which went a direction I did not expect.  I hope to finish some sewing projects but often finishing them requires a fiddly bit and my brain is not always up to those.

Pentagathusosaurus rex

• King of the Wibulnibs
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2020, 08:47:02 PM »
Yay :) Are you getting the Exilian emails these days?
Yeah I'm pretty sure I do. I just tend to ignore most emails because they pop up on my phone and I tell them to go away immediately because I don't like to read emails on my phone.

Books are good, books are always good.