Author Topic: Yuletide in the plague year  (Read 1835 times)

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Yuletide in the plague year
« on: December 26, 2020, 10:19:35 AM »
So, how were all your Christmasses, friends who celebrate? :)
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

Tusky

• Sebastokrator
    Citizens' Officer
    • View Profile
    • Tusky Games
    • Awards
Re: Yuletide in the plague year
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2020, 04:40:29 PM »
was quite nice in the end. spent it at my mothers as im in her "bubble". ate and drank plenty. played some games.

a little smaller than usual but still enjoyable :)

<< Signature redacted >>

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2020, 05:10:30 PM »
Yeah, we locked down again here yesterday, but I got to see three dimensional humans on the 24th and 25th which was strange but nice - went to see a colleague on the 24th and then we both saw my supervisor on the 25th, very kind of her to invite us over. I've been skypeing family a lot as well of course, it's been a pretty busy Christmas season all round somehow with all the video calls etc.
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

Pentagathusosaurus rex

• King of the Wibulnibs
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2020, 01:00:37 PM »
Christmas was pretty pleasant over here, living with my mum at the moment and we had my sister's family round for the 25th, went for a slightly quieter walk than normal on the 26th with my brother's family. It's been a quiet one but I like that, and it was always going to be a bit subdued since it's our first Christmas without my father.

dubsartur

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2020, 04:24:08 AM »
I got to spend some time face-to-face with my family and I got a few books and my choice of over-the-ear headphones and some chocolates and sweets and little useful things.  Things have been more or less like usual where I live except for not being able to visit people face-to-face indoors (and a few quirks like uneven supplies in the grocery stores and libraries not allowing people to enter).  The shops have remained open even though universities went remote in the fall.

There are people we usually see on Christmas Day and Boxing Day who we could not see without bringing multiple households together.

Three dimensional human beings- blasphemy!  Everyone knows that humans are two-dimensional like in 0 AD and Son of a Witch.

Pentagathusosaurus rex, I am really sorry if your father died too!
« Last Edit: December 29, 2020, 06:10:20 AM by dubsartur »