Author Topic: ⚔️ RAIDBORN | First person action-RPG with dynamic level generation  (Read 2057 times)

Phodex Games

• View Profile
    • Awards
Re: ⚔️ RAIDBORN [Action-RPG] Skyrim meets Dungeon Crawler
« Reply #30 on: March 30, 2021, 03:30:24 PM »

Those destroyable traps I implemented some time ago really allow for some cool combos as you can see in this clip. Its also very satisfying to destroy them :)

Watching this earned you 200 Honor Crowns to spend in the Raidborn shop. To claim them click here! Honor Crowns are a 100% free community-currency. Learn more about it here

dubsartur

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: March 31, 2021, 03:28:25 AM »
The ability to change the environment in games is always fun!  When I was playing more games, up to 2010 or so, that was usually not possible.  Some games, like Warcraft II, did not even let you build or summon walls and other static barriers!

Humh, I guess that could be an advantage of a Near Eastern setting!  When buildings are either massive mud brick or flimsy wood and reed mats and curtains, short of high explosives it is usually pretty clear what a character can destroy and what they cannot. 

Phodex Games

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: March 31, 2021, 03:32:12 PM »

Two new screenshots from Raidborn. They show a tavern and a large temple inside a castle. What do you think about it?

Watching this earned you 200 Honor Crowns to spend in the Raidborn shop. To claim them click here! Honor Crowns are a 100% free community-currency. Learn more about it here

Phodex Games

• View Profile
    • Awards
Re: ⚔️ RAIDBORN | First person action-RPG with dynamic level generation
« Reply #33 on: April 06, 2021, 03:31:59 PM »

This shows a loot mechanic I implemented. Nothing special, but I think it looks pretty cool. What do you think?

Phodex Games

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: April 07, 2021, 03:42:32 PM »

Two new screenshots from Raidborn. The first shows the player fighting two goblins that were mining some gems, the second shows goblins relaxing at a campfire in a goblin town. What do you think about it?

Phodex Games

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: April 09, 2021, 03:35:07 PM »

A new Devlog is here! This time I will show you the new pet selection system I build, how and why I improved the player revive system, how a simple trick helped me multiplying my level variety, and some smaller features I added.

Phodex Games

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: April 14, 2021, 03:34:24 PM »

Two new screenshots from Raidborn. The first shows the player getting attacked by some evil undead skeletons. The second shows the throne room of a castle ruin. What do you think about it?

Phodex Games

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: April 20, 2021, 03:23:57 PM »

This shows the rope traps I added to my game. They are inspired by Dark Messiah of Might and Magic. What do you think about them?.

Phodex Games

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: April 21, 2021, 02:58:33 PM »

Two new screenshots from Raidborn. The first shows a nice sunset scene from a mooring in the woods. The second shows a bandit in front of his hut. What do you think about it?

Phodex Games

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: April 27, 2021, 03:38:56 PM »

This shows the rage mode I added to my game in action. It looks overpowered here, but thats just for showcase purposes.

Watching this earned you 200 Honor Crowns to spend in the Raidborn Reward shop. To claim them click here! Honor Crowns are a 100% free community-currency. Learn more about it here

Phodex Games

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #40 on: April 28, 2021, 03:30:54 PM »

Two new screenshots from Raidborn. The first shows the hut of a bandit leader. The second shows two bandits leaving the town. What do you think about it?

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #41 on: April 28, 2021, 11:45:49 PM »
Will these various factions like bandits and goblins be quite interactable if they have this much in the way of buildings/infrastructure, or is it going to be mostly there as backdrops for fights with them?
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

Phodex Games

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #42 on: April 29, 2021, 10:27:19 AM »
Will these various factions like bandits and goblins be quite interactable if they have this much in the way of buildings/infrastructure, or is it going to be mostly there as backdrops for fights with them?

Interesting question. It's mostly for scenery, however, to a certain degree the creatures will interact with the environment, like working at a workbench, sitting at the campfire, etc. How would you expect to interact with them? I mean they are hostile enemies.

There will be interactable NPCs however just not in dungeons. Just recently I have implemented a quest system, though you should expect complex multi-layered quests.