Author Topic: Post drafts?  (Read 3733 times)

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Post drafts?
« on: May 11, 2021, 11:01:44 PM »
I'm wondering whether I should look and see if there's a post drafting mod anywhere. This would be a nice-to-have for me personally as I often find I start writing a post then it gets to midnight and I'd like to just save the draft and come back to work on it in the morning, but sometimes end up scrapping the post instead.

Would this be useful to anyone else or just me?
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

Glaurung

• Sakellarios
    Financial Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Post drafts?
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2021, 02:09:12 PM »
I'm fairly sure I've suggested this in the past; I know that over the years I've had a string of half-written posts copied into text files because I didn't have time to finish them, and then pasted back into the forum and posted some while later. So this sounds like a useful thing to have.

Tusky

• Sebastokrator
    Citizens' Officer
    • View Profile
    • Tusky Games
    • Awards
Re: Post drafts?
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2021, 02:29:47 PM »
Personally I end up writing copy in something like Google docs, then pasting in and adding bbcode once im finished for bigger posts.

As such I'm not sure if I would use such a mod very often, but I certainly might, and can't think of a reason not to have such a thing (unless it kills performance or makes the code difficult to manage or something - but I'm sure it wouldn't)
<< Signature redacted >>