Author Topic: Worldbuilding Magazine  (Read 2074 times)

dubsartur

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Worldbuilding Magazine
« on: October 07, 2021, 04:07:29 PM »
This online fanzine (and podcast) seems like it might be of interest to Exilian folks? https://www.worldbuildingmagazine.com/

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Worldbuilding Magazine
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2021, 09:04:13 PM »
Mm, yes. Oddly little information about e.g. submitting stuff. It'd maybe be good to pull together more collections of links to places like this that might offer people chances to feature their work.
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

dubsartur

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2021, 10:52:07 PM »
It looks like it is under contact? https://www.worldbuildingmagazine.com/contact/  They could definitely be clearer whether they are a fanzine or a paying venue.  Because I block scripts by default, some sites don't work for me the way their designers expect.

Pyramid magazine (Steve Jackson games) used to be good for 'nonfiction essays oriented towards storytellers' but they changed their focus then shut down.

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2021, 06:01:51 PM »
I mean I guess in some ways Exilian Articles has a lot of content in that area too. I might poke around their Discord etc and see what I find out, anyhow. And I should probably actually read some issues, sometime when I have a bit more brain than I seem to right now...
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...