Author Topic: Exilian is Fourteen!  (Read 3341 times)

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Exilian is Fourteen!
« on: March 18, 2022, 01:20:24 PM »

It's March 18 again and that means it's Exilian Day! We were founded on March 18, 2008, and we've existed for the promotion of creative geekery ever since. In that time, as a unique democratic online community, we've made mods, run competitions, promoted computer games, written poems & stories, run conventions and workshops, published articles, and more besides. And, as ever, there's more to come: we have a lot of upcoming possibilities in the pipeline for the next year and we hope you'll be along for the ride.

Do use this thread to share some of the things that brought you to Exilian and some of the things you most value about this community - we always take account of what people tell us on the volunteer team that keeps Exilian running, and we're keen to make use not just of our long history as a site & community but also of any reflections and ideas new to the table.

Most importantly though, this is a time to say thank you - to you, dear reader. Whether you're a long-standing member, an occasional forum lurker, someone who comes to the virtual meetups, or someone who's stumbling across us for the first time, it's the interest and creativity of all the people who make up Exilian that makes this community special. Thanks for being here - and we're looking forward to seeing where we all go next. Into our fifteenth year we go!
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

Tusky

• Sebastokrator
    Citizens' Officer
    • View Profile
    • Tusky Games
    • Awards
Re: Exilian is Fourteen!
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2022, 01:43:01 PM »
Happy Birthday!! 🎉🎈
<< Signature redacted >>

Gmd

• The one and only
  • Citizens
    Voting Member
  • Quack
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2022, 07:11:38 PM »
Happy birthday exilian!
Bunneh and I Rule this land in the name of Supreme Lord Krishna.

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") 

Give me my green name back!!! I am always Logothetes

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2022, 08:15:27 PM »
It's now basically half my life I've been involved in this: Exilian's 14 and I'm 28 :)
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

BeerDrinkingBurke

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Innkeep
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2022, 04:19:28 AM »
That's amazing Jubal!
Happy birthday to Exilian!
Developing a game called Innkeep! Serve Ale. Be jolly. Rob your guests. https://innkeepgame.com/