Author Topic: Haven and Hearth  (Read 3719 times)

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Haven and Hearth
« on: September 04, 2022, 10:36:27 PM »
I've been playing this again recently. For those who don't know it, it's a permanently in development, very janky, cute but also brutal sort-of-MMO (that is, it's an MMO but the player base is tiny).

It's been interesting getting back to it. Because it's survival/crafting focused with a very changeable map etc, it's quite interesting to see it develop. Some of the player base is terrible, and I did indeed get randomly griefed a few days ago and knocked down to 2hp before being helped out by a kindly USian player who dropped some bandages over to my place. The game has permadeath, so dying is pretty bad, though you can inherit a certain amount of a past character's stuff and abilities.

Anyway here's my base, I've got a cave and a little farm-garden. This is not very optimised, good players have much more of a defensive palisade system, but it is pretty and I am a bit of an aesthete when it comes to these sorts of games.

If anyone wants to have a go, there's a way to build beacons to teleport in new players to be based near you (otherwise you're placed randomly on the GIANT world map) so feel free to give me a shout :)

The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

Tusky

• Sebastokrator
    Citizens' Officer
    • View Profile
    • Tusky Games
    • Awards
Re: Haven and Hearth
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2022, 08:51:23 AM »
Looks nice, is it free to play?

I might have a bit of a go this evening.
<< Signature redacted >>

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2022, 09:22:48 AM »
Yes, it's free :) The UI is janky and complex, but it is good fun. Not sure how around I'll be this evening but I'll try and get a beacon built so I can port you in to somewhere near where I'm based.
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

Tusky

• Sebastokrator
    Citizens' Officer
    • View Profile
    • Tusky Games
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2022, 01:45:38 PM »
Cool! I've downloaded and started going through the first few missions.

Let me know how the beacon works once you have a chace to do that :)
<< Signature redacted >>

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2022, 02:29:43 PM »
Things are progressing! I am burning out a minehole to go yet deeper underground, and I have built a granary and made a lute :)

Tusky

• Sebastokrator
    Citizens' Officer
    • View Profile
    • Tusky Games
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2022, 09:41:01 PM »
Here is my little corner of the Bryweald!

<< Signature redacted >>

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2022, 01:02:59 PM »
Joe/Anonyman/Brulb got griefed last night D:

We had a boat suddenly go aggressive on us near the Myrsary Thingwall. I got Brulb to jump out in the hope that he could teleport, but the guy chased Joe so I ran away instead.

In restrospect if I'd been quicker thinking I might have been able to steal the guy's boat, but ah well. I got out OK, Brulb is down to 12HHP so I guess my next job is nettle gathering and trying to work out how to tame sheep because we have a sudden need of gauze again.

Tusky

• Sebastokrator
    Citizens' Officer
    • View Profile
    • Tusky Games
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2022, 01:27:53 PM »
Oh no :( That sucks. Let me know if I can help in any way

I still need gauze for a fell slash I got ages ago. I think clover is needed for the taming process? Was going to give it a go but before anything else I'm going to get Fort Tusk up and running (or: build some pallisades)
« Last Edit: September 14, 2022, 02:18:53 PM by Tusky »
<< Signature redacted >>

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2022, 02:49:15 PM »
Yes. I think you can clover a mouflon and collect its wool without fully taming it so I may try that sometime.