Author Topic: Bug Reports  (Read 29269 times)

Dimos

• Patrikios
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Bug Reports
« Reply #30 on: February 02, 2011, 05:55:35 PM »
My dear friend.

Go to the strings txt on your Europe 1080 mod folder and rename the wanted string.

I'm sorry to say, but no other way at the moment.

I hope Jubal, will make a way for you to rename your faction. Post more. Also pics of your faction possetions, King's -YOU, LOL- pics and lords along with ''family'' [in example: Companion Alaina, Ymira etc as wife ] , Bishops in towns and many more, income etc days playing will be welcome in the mod's forums
Team member of: Europe 1080 / Southern Realms / Britannia 1100 Gold

Ker Raven

• View Profile
    • Awards
Bug Reports
« Reply #31 on: February 05, 2011, 01:31:26 PM »
Thanks for that, I will try to figure out which is the string I need...unless somebody can actually point me to it?

Ker Raven

Phoenixguard09

• Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
  • Spiffy Haired One
  • Awards Awarded for outstanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Bug Reports
« Reply #32 on: February 05, 2011, 02:00:26 PM »
Hey Dimos, did you release the Module System for 1080?  Cause if you did then renaming the string is very easy Ker Raven.  I'll personally walk you through unless Dimos would prefer to do it himself.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2011, 02:00:59 PM by phoenixguard09 »
The Norbayne Campaign Instagram page. Give us a cheeky follow if you like. :)
By the power of Ga'haarr I command you to vanish! VANISH!
I CANNOT BE KILLED BUT WITH FIRE!
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination

Crazier than a crack-head cat and here to make sticky treats out of your vital organs.

Dimos

• Patrikios
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Bug Reports
« Reply #33 on: February 05, 2011, 09:58:08 PM »
Ker Raven, How is your Kingdom called right now?

The kingdom strings are down below and they are obvious as ''Kingdom of [name] '' you siply change the name it has now and put your prefered, and save the file

Phaoenixguard, Jubal had uploaded the sourse of the version 0.2 / 0.25 in the repository but it does not include my work on it so it is obviously not the mod, but the strong scripting base it is just called ''jubals awesome scripts !!! '' hehehhe
« Last Edit: February 05, 2011, 10:03:04 PM by Dimos »

Phoenixguard09

• Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
  • Spiffy Haired One
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Bug Reports
« Reply #34 on: February 06, 2011, 12:58:27 AM »
Aaaah I see ;).  Well in that case, Ker Raven, if you still have a few problems I'll walk you through it with pictures.  Or Dimos can if he feels so inclined.  

@Dimos: I hope you don't see this as me interfering.  I just don't really know how much M&B Admin really entails is all.
(\__/)

Crazier than a crack-head cat and here to make sticky treats out of your vital organs.

Dimos

• Patrikios
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Bug Reports
« Reply #35 on: February 06, 2011, 06:34:49 PM »
No problem my friend. You are simply a good man and an AC/DC fan, so you are doing it to help. I am happy you are so helpful and that you like this humble modification.

Phoenixguard09

• Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
  • Spiffy Haired One
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Bug Reports
« Reply #36 on: February 07, 2011, 02:59:14 AM »
Thanks Dimos. :D  I guess we'll wait on Kerr Raven then.  Hope he hasn't had any more trouble.
(\__/)

Ker Raven

• View Profile
    • Awards
Bug Reports
« Reply #37 on: February 07, 2011, 11:29:07 AM »
Hello Guys,

Thank you for all your help and interest.  I will get to trying this tweak shortly.....I am a bit relectant to meddle with the mod whilst I have an existing game in play and this change is something that will not turn up straight away in a new game if I copy the mod for a text version.

For those about to rock I salute you !

Ker Raven

Phoenixguard09

• Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
  • Spiffy Haired One
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Bug Reports
« Reply #38 on: February 07, 2011, 11:21:42 PM »
Fair enough.  Don't forget to let either of us know if you have any problems with it.  Good luck and don't forget, rock and roll ain't noise pollution.  :D
(\__/)

Ker Raven

• View Profile
    • Awards
Bug Reports
« Reply #39 on: February 17, 2011, 02:58:05 PM »
Hi Dimos

I have struck a problem, I am getting about 120  days into a game and getting a terminal crash with a runtime error, this is the same isue that I have had with Jubal's SR

run time error ! program d:\ mount&blade \ mount&blade .exe this application has requested the runtime to terminate it in an unusual way

I have done a bit of 'live testing' and this always seems to occur when the saved game file gets above 8- 10,000 KB (about day 103-130) before that it is fine.

Ignorance prompts me to suggest this may be to do with the available memory as1080 is so much larger than Native, I have been playing a Native game for weeks and have got to day 1252 and the file istill only 2,856 KB and runs without problems, but SR and 1080 are far superior modules but it is just rather frustrating that I cannot move a game along past a particuloar point. I am sure somebody out there with more savvy who understands these techy things, must have encountered this problem and found a way forward...can anybody help!

Ker Raven

Dimos

• Patrikios
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Bug Reports
« Reply #40 on: February 17, 2011, 05:15:23 PM »
Had the same issue, in day 200 - 208 ...

It might be that stuff with the memory. I simply don't know any way to fix that. MAYBE... Jubal will know. He is the Master of Scripts!!

Thanks for sharing...

Ker Raven

• View Profile
    • Awards
Bug Reports
« Reply #41 on: March 24, 2011, 10:52:30 AM »
Hello guys,
Still here just been away for a while.  Even more about the runtime error......
This may or may not be of help or may be a wild goose chase....I have been advised by a genius friend of my grand daughter who has played both 1080 and SR that the problem seems to be caused when there are too many automatic spawns in the game, patrols, plains bandits,  herds of game etc. which create memory problems when saving.  He believes that a permanent fix could be via a code change, but also a 'dirty' fix to preserve the game being played is to turn on ctrl+t before saving....find some of the offending multiple groups and zap them using ctrl+shift+F4, if you concentrate on areas of the maps that you are not currently interested in then it will not effect your current game play too much.  Have not given it a try yet but will feed back when I have.
Ker Raven

Dimos

• Patrikios
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Bug Reports
« Reply #42 on: March 27, 2011, 02:34:29 PM »
That can be both true and helpful Ker.

I have also noted that to Jubal before. When you use the ''cheat'' to see all parties on the map the game goes slower. He said that the herds and the spawns have a limit, but I doubt that is true. If we can have a limit, and maybe remove the patrol feature the game might run easier, IMO.

As I said, I send a full feature list for the version 0.3 to Jubal, and he said he's working on it in his free time -something that's hard for him to find- and therefore Jubal is a noble, valiant and trustworthy kid. He is also a good fellow and a great scripting head, he scripts awesome stuff and he has magbificent ideas for enchanching the game...

I will ask him about the progress. Once done, I will have to come in and do: New scenes -at least 4-8 scenes- and also replace all the Towns /Castles / Villages once more -around 300-500 locations-

Hope the version 0.3 will be a pre-ALPHA and a nice gaming experience.

Have lot's of fun in real life, salutes!

ShieldBug

• View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Bug Reports
« Reply #43 on: March 22, 2013, 11:12:36 AM »
Hmm, this topic has been inactive for a while, but I cannot find any other place to report bugs.

I am playing Europe 1080 v. 0.27 on Mount & Blade 1.011 (enhanced version). First of all thanks for making mods for this version of M&B, I prefer it to Warband!
I really like Europe 1080, having played for about 100 game days now, good authentic large map, all the different troops - keep up the good work!

I play as an independent and has been in war with Scotland, France and Navarre. I have taken Iasi castle and put a lot of troops there. Got a peace offer from Scotland that I accepted.

Bug report:
My save got corrupt while acting with the assassins guild.
I entered the tavern in that particular town, went downstairs, found a door with "Go to tavern" (which is a bit odd since I was already in the tavern). Got through that door and another door and found some assassins in an Arabic-looking township. The two assassins didn't get me any further. I messed around and found the assassin leader, got the quest to kill enemies, completed quest and became a member of the assassin’s guild. Went back to the first two assassins, one of them would sell me equipment, I refused the daggers "I don't have the right type of money", then refused the cloak with the same reason, got the usual option "Left-click to exit". Left-clicking didn't work, neither did TAB or ESC, had to use Alt-F4 to exit. After that I could not restore my save, it stops at "Launching Game..."
Windows gives a popup message "Microsoft Visual C++Runtime Library. Runtime Error!" etc.

Any suggestions on how to recover my save?

Edit: On second thought I have deleted the name of the town where I found the assassins guild - in order not to spoil the game for others!
« Last Edit: April 02, 2013, 08:51:56 AM by ShieldBug »

ShieldBug

• View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Bug Reports
« Reply #44 on: March 22, 2013, 11:20:21 AM »
The scenes are bugged in the villages of Parma and Bratislava. No houses, fences or other infrastructure. Sometimes villagers dancing in the corner.

Red text on screen:
Unable to load scene objects!
scn_village_102 (Parma)
scn_village_106 (Bratislava)

edit:
The village of Mazyr is bugged as well. No infrastructure.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2013, 02:48:23 PM by ShieldBug »