Author Topic: Exilian turning 15: What shall we do?  (Read 3342 times)

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Exilian turning 15: What shall we do?
« on: January 29, 2023, 11:09:15 AM »
On March 18, this website will be fifteen years old. I think we should definitely do something, or multiple things, to try and mark the occasion, but I'm not sure what & am very open to suggestions!

There's the option of a bonus version of a usual thing we do - having the March pub on that day is an option, running an extra competition might be a lot of work though not impossible. Or we could do some shared gaming of some sort, I could do a brief concert if people want to hear weird bardic songs... it's possibly something we could invite guests for somehow but I dunno in what capacity. Would definitely be keen to hear thoughts.
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

Phoenixguard09

• Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
  • Spiffy Haired One
  • Awards Awarded for outstanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Exilian turning 15: What shall we do?
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2023, 11:53:45 AM »
Definitely would like to do the pub on that day. Would actually be able to attend it fairly easily I imagine.
The Norbayne Campaign Instagram page. Give us a cheeky follow if you like. :)
By the power of Ga'haarr I command you to vanish! VANISH!
I CANNOT BE KILLED BUT WITH FIRE!
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination

Crazier than a crack-head cat and here to make sticky treats out of your vital organs.

Spritelady

• Tribounos
    Site Magistrate
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2023, 03:22:15 PM »
I would likewise be available on the 18th for pubbing! Given that it's a Saturday I should be around for some shared gaming which sounds like fun.

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2023, 12:57:50 PM »
OK so I guess we're thinking about a sort of programme of stuff around that weekend, with an initial plan to do the pubmeet on that Saturday.

I'm not sure what shared games we could do easily, I'll have a think: it kind of depends on numbers but also availability, you can get tons of people into e.g. a CK3 game but fewer people have that, whereas conversely there are things that are easy and cheaper to get like SoaW or Wildermyth but those have quite low player number caps. And there are more party-game type things like Jackbox of course, I guess, but I dunno if those are up our collective alley as much.
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

Spritelady

• Tribounos
    Site Magistrate
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2023, 02:13:08 PM »
Not sure what the potential player limits might be, but there are at least a few websites that allow you to sign up for free and play board games online, which might be more our style?

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2023, 01:26:07 PM »
That's true - though unless we have a good way to split off, we might struggle for games with more than about six players.

Also, before anyone suggests it, I'm pre-emptively vetoing Among Us. :P My brain cannot deal with that game.

Spritelady

• Tribounos
    Site Magistrate
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2023, 09:07:49 PM »
I'm glad to hear it, I've not played it but find those types of games needlessly anxiety-inducing. I don't mind watching others play it and I'm glad they have fun of course, but I can't relax with that sort of game!

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2023, 12:26:29 PM »
Yeah, Anonyman and Tuco will be able to confirm that trying to get me to play it once went... poorly. I panicked a lot.

Oddly, I love playing mafias, which you'd think would be close enough to the same concept, but I think the task system in Among Us overloads me and I can't deal with the time pressure.