Author Topic: Luncheons and Dragonflies: An Original TTRPG  (Read 4737 times)

gnomemadegames

• View Profile
    • Awards
Luncheons and Dragonflies: An Original TTRPG
« on: May 10, 2023, 06:24:03 PM »
Gnome Made Games launches an original tabletop roleplaying game called Luncheons and Dragonflies on Kickstarter on May 15th, 2023. Free 12-page sample HERE.

It’s not easy being small. But it helps to have a big heart.

In
Luncheons and Dragonflies, you play a critter, a tiny animal native to the woodlands of my Virginia, USA hometown. You can be a mouse, bat, squirrel, or groundhog, to name a few.

But critters in
Luncheons and Dragonflies aren’t your garden-variety animals. They can speak, walk on hind legs when it suits them, and scavenge the woodland floor and people’s houses for useful things, like weapons and snacks.

Your critter is a hero. While most critters keep their nose to the ground, yours embarks on courageous quests to find snacks, scavenge for useful items, safeguard others, and defeat bigger, scarier animals—like rats, cats, coyotes, and bears. Your critter and their ragtag team can attain glory and conquest, or just a good picnic with all the trimmings.

From the Publisher of Those Who Wander RPG and Demiverse.

All the dice in Luncheons and Dragonflies are four-sided, perfect for tiny critter paws! A lot of the fun of the game is hoarding dice on the fly. Steal them from your enemies, trade them with your friends, lend them when things get desperate, swipe them to get the upper hand/paw, and reroll them when they've been bad!

Character creation takes less than 10 minutes for beginners and includes the following:
  • Choosing a critter: mouse, bat, groundhog, squirrel (stretch goals unlock chipmunk, flying squirrel, lemming, mole, muskrat, rabbit, and vole)
  • Choosing a role: brains, cook, minstrel, scout, sneak, tinker, treehugger, warrior
  • Start with or scavenge items, such as sewing needle, spool of thread, and thimble

Available in Digital PDF and Print on Demand (provided it hits the first stretch goal).

Publication Date: November 2023 Kickstarter: May 15th to June 14th. Published by: Gnome Made Games. ISBN: TBD. Illustrations: Full color pages. Page Count: ~75 pages Softcover Size: 6.14” x 9.21” inches

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Luncheons and Dragonflies: An Original TTRPG
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2023, 07:25:35 PM »
This looks lovely! I might end up trying to adapt it a bit for the critters of my home environment but I guess a souslik or field hamster probably aren't too different from a groundhog stat-wise :)

I also very much like the possibility of just having a picnic as an end goal... hm, already having thoughts on how I might run this. Have bookmarked the kickstarter anyhow!
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...