Author Topic: Hello there!  (Read 8753 times)

Alicia

• View Profile
    • Awards
Hello there!
« on: June 12, 2023, 08:27:01 PM »
Hi,

I'm Alicia, and I have a few friends already on the site!

Finally decided to actually join due to the Reddit blackout - and realising that my prefered 'Reddit competitor' would be an old-styley web forum, and I happened to know of one which touches on various topics of interest (mostly gaming, some history).

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Hello there!
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2023, 09:00:58 PM »
Welcome welcome! Lovely to see you here :) Shout if there's anything we can help with, don't feel afraid to just post stuff, we're very un strict about putting things in the right subforum or whatever. Hope you enjoy getting to know the place!
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

Glaurung

• Sakellarios
    Financial Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2023, 09:26:30 PM »
Hi there! Welcome aboard - good to have you here.

dubsartur

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2023, 09:56:06 PM »
Yay new Exilian friend!

Spritelady

• Tribounos
    Site Magistrate
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2023, 09:56:41 PM »
Welcome! Hope you find some things to interest you here! What sort of games do you like?

Tusky

• Sebastokrator
    Citizens' Officer
    • View Profile
    • Tusky Games
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2023, 07:32:04 AM »
Welcome!   :D
<< Signature redacted >>

Alicia

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2023, 07:06:58 PM »
Welcome! Hope you find some things to interest you here! What sort of games do you like?

Mostly puzzle games (actually just regular abstract puzzles but they're digital so they count as games!), some JRPGs with the turn-based combat. I'm looking forward to the Four Job Fiesta for Final Fantasy V. Oh, also: Trombone Champ. (I was further into Blaseball when it was briefly a thing, may it Rest in Violence)

I played a lot of tabletop games - particularly board and roleplaying - at uni (I met Jubal through first running the weekly friday board games - and I think I recognise your picture as someone I met through him! - and was even chair of the Tabletop Gaming Society), but since moving back to Leicester not so much!

I've certainly kept up with reading rulebooks for games I will never play/GM (not that I was a particularly good GM), though!

In the digital/analogue crossover space, I go through phases of playing a lot of Magic the Gathering Arena, though I'm on a bit of a downward phase there. Likewise I did a big spate of playing Chess, losing a few rating points, and then falling out of the habit.

(work is particularly busy at this time of year, though, which never helps!)

Alicia

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2023, 07:07:52 PM »
More broadly: thanks for all the 'welcome' replies! (it feels vaguely like the culture here would be to doublepost rather than edit, apologies if I'm wrong)

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2023, 09:18:45 AM »
More broadly: thanks for all the 'welcome' replies! (it feels vaguely like the culture here would be to doublepost rather than edit, apologies if I'm wrong)
I'd say if pushed for a guideline that the culture tends to be edits for additions that are close in time/on the same topic, doubleposts when it's introducing a new thing later (so e.g. a new politick has happened and you were the last person to post in the relevant politick thread four weeks earlier). But basically there's no hard and fast rule, and as long as however people choose to do it is sensible and doesn't clog things up too much then I don't think we're very bothered wither way :)
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

Anonyman

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2023, 06:01:26 AM »
Yay, Alicia has joined us! It's great to see you here  :)

Pentagathus

• King of the Wibulnibs
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2023, 02:40:28 PM »
don't feel afraid to just post stuff, we're very un strict about putting things in the right subforum or whatever
He's lying, you should be terrified. You should probably run far far away

IzoWxrld

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2023, 09:29:14 PM »
Hello! im fairly new to the forum but a old time player for all total war (but not most) games. I love Narnia and have been playing this mod for a cuople years. glad to be apart of the process and this community, Cheers!

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2023, 11:09:47 PM »
Hello! im fairly new to the forum but a old time player for all total war (but not most) games. I love Narnia and have been playing this mod for a cuople years. glad to be apart of the process and this community, Cheers!
Welcome! Do make yourself at home and feel free to explore/post/ask any questions you need to :)

Tusky

• Sebastokrator
    Citizens' Officer
    • View Profile
    • Tusky Games
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2023, 12:26:27 AM »

Welcome!
<< Signature redacted >>