Author Topic: Yip Quest  (Read 5021 times)

Ramorama

• View Profile
    • Awards
Yip Quest
« on: October 01, 2023, 04:28:21 PM »
Story

Play Raga, Ram and Kog, three kobolds who wants to steal the treasures from the castle, but have to find a way to fool the guard in order to get entrance to the treasury.

• Raga (blue kobold) has not only wits, but has also an eye for details.
  • Ram (yellow kobold) has the strength of 10 kobolds and is the swashbuckler of the gang.
  • Kog (red kobold) loves to drink beyond his thirst and is the skinniest of them all.

This is a short point and click fantasy comedy mix with three kobolds. If you loved playing Gobliiins, you might love this adventure game as well.

--

Credits

• Art, Animation, Dialogues, Programming and Story by Ramón Wilhelm
  • Music by Bertrand Guégan
  • Sounds from freesound.org
  • Old London font by Dieter Steffmann
  • Beta testers: Anavah, Cosmic Void, Gugames, LeMachinga and Steven Don

« Last Edit: October 01, 2023, 04:31:03 PM by Jubal »

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Yip Quest
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2023, 05:25:59 PM »
This is lovely :) I just played through the whole thing, nearly got stuck a couple times (my brain skipped over the column so it took me a while to work out how to use that, and the different steps of arrow-making took my brain a while) but I worked it out and the ending was a funny twist reveal. I also really expected that the fan would have to be used for something so I kept trying everything on the fan and failing.

There are a few typos: costume isn't spelled right in a couple places, and in the opening dialogue there's a "you only hate this because you are the one who have to carry" where it should be has. But they're no big deal.

Really enjoyed it anyhow, I'm a bit ill today so this was exactly the level of gameplay/humour my brain needed. Hope to see more of your game dev in future, and welcome to Exilian!
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

Cosmic Void

• View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Yip Quest
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2024, 03:03:26 AM »
Oh, I played this game! Enjoyed it a lot! Very funny. :)