Author Topic: Problem with the map editor?  (Read 7600 times)

Zealot Prodigy

• View Profile
    • Awards
Problem with the map editor?
« on: October 18, 2009, 02:40:01 AM »
So like , im trying to make a new map of the origanal 13 colonies of america , and like when i finish moving all the parties and changing the terrain and map , ill save and copy the map.txt file from native , then copy it to my mod's module folder. But when i try it in game , it only changes the terrain and map but leaves all the parties (towns , villages , castles ect.) in the same native spot. Help please? Thanks in advance

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2009, 07:53:50 AM »
Put simply, use the ModuleSystem for moving the parties into place. Otherwise you'll overwrite your work every time you build the module.
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

Zealot Prodigy

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2009, 08:44:05 PM »
Quote from: "Jubal"
Put simply, use the ModuleSystem for moving the parties into place. Otherwise you'll overwrite your work every time you build the module.
Is there a way on the map to get the (X,Y) position for places?

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2009, 09:17:57 PM »
Go into the map editor, put your mouse over the position you want, press z, and the co-ordinates will appear in the bottom left hand of your screen.
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...