Author Topic: Obama/NATO Afghanistan Troop Surge  (Read 2012 times)

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Obama/NATO Afghanistan Troop Surge
« on: December 05, 2009, 02:02:36 PM »
So... what do you people think about the new troop surge? Should the US and UK really even be there? What will become of the region if we pull out? Wil it be a success?
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

joek

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2009, 06:58:08 PM »
Quote from: "Jubal"
So... what do you people think about the new troop surge? Should the US and UK really even be there? What will become of the region if we pull out? Wil it be a success?
We can't simply pull out - it will just create a power vacuum the Taliban can exploit. However, I don't like us being there in the first place. We should be aiming to make the current government stable, and then pull out.

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2009, 08:35:21 PM »
I'm going to throw in a controversial view; I think the UN should have a standing army for things like Afghanistan. The job of world policing would thus be FAIRLY shared between nations.
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

DeepComet5581

• Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
  • Kitten with a Camera
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2009, 09:32:41 PM »
I agree. It shouldn't be the responsibility of first world countries to keep the developing world in line. If the NATO troops (Hah!)  are going to stay in Afghanistan, then the least they could do is stop the TIDE of drugs and pirated DVDs coming from Afghanistan to Britain and America.
I used to do actual stuff around here, don't you know?

I would be ever so grateful if you would visit my YouTube Channel :)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsLjOCNLe0ECID84Y3nrEjQ