Author Topic: New Bugs Thread  (Read 33963 times)

Vata

• View Profile
    • Awards
New Bugs Thread
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2010, 07:04:01 PM »
Hi all!
Thanks for this cool mod Jubal!

I find a bug. Im stuck in the conversation with Jubal when he ask "Have you got a sword for me yet?" I tried it with different type of swords but i always stuck.

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
New Bugs Thread
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2010, 08:02:11 PM »
Hm... I'll take a look. It may be that something needs changing there - that quest's pretty old.

Nice avatar, btw.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2010, 08:02:44 PM by Jubal »
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

Shafol

• View Profile
    • Awards
New Bugs Thread
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2010, 08:33:11 PM »
i got the problem solved this far, yet some random crashes :) it was Vistas fault as i suspected but i got a bug report now too...

when i go to university where they should sell guns they say "Engage me or begone" or something i really dont remember so i cannot get any guns :(

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
New Bugs Thread
« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2010, 09:37:15 PM »
It depends who you talk to. One guy DOES give you guns - I think it's the first past the double doors at Veluca uni (Not the Commagene Imperial University).

I've also fixed one random crash bug that occurs in battles, which is good.
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

xGhost4000x

• View Profile
    • Awards
New Bugs Thread
« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2010, 09:53:57 PM »
Quote from: "Shafol"
i got the problem solved this far, yet some random crashes :) it was Vistas fault as i suspected but i got a bug report now too...

when i go to university where they should sell guns they say "Engage me or begone" or something i really dont remember so i cannot get any guns :(
When they said that to me I shot them with an Arrow and got the friendly fire message....can I claim that as a bug :)

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
New Bugs Thread
« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2010, 09:58:57 PM »
It's all tied in as one; those guys don't have associated dialogs, so they revert to M&B's "ultimate base" dialog. That's the "Surrender or die. Make your choice." one... :)

Shafol

• View Profile
    • Awards
New Bugs Thread
« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2010, 11:09:18 PM »
now i could start to put up all kind of bugs minor and "big" ones but they dont bother much :D only small like some chat freeze(what is bit amusing since need to restart game) or some areas are missing/flying...

But real deal is, that i hope you could add more weight to religion so that you could build up church/monastery in villages to convert people to faith and recuit religious people and some kind of missions for religious monasterys :D and some fight agains other faithes and heretics :D :D yea it sounds bit weird/big but why not? ^^

xGhost4000x

• View Profile
    • Awards
New Bugs Thread
« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2010, 11:15:44 PM »
Actually if you could tell me the areas that are missing or flying it would help speed up my scene editing/creating.

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
New Bugs Thread
« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2010, 11:18:19 PM »
Religion will be expanded the release after next; next release will prolly be naval stuff and more features, then the one after will add the remaining factions (more arabic/moorish themed) in the east along with lots of crusading madness.

Shafol

• View Profile
    • Awards
New Bugs Thread
« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2010, 06:54:17 AM »
one question, why my strenght and agility have incresed to 30 when i am lvl 27? i really dont think that doing normal wheat delivery or capturing enemy generals gives it so huge bonus? could it be that veteran merchenary leader who lives in castle?

Vata

• View Profile
    • Awards
New Bugs Thread
« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2010, 07:17:38 AM »
Quote from: "Jubal"
Nice avatar, btw.
Thx!

The quest when i have to find Rhyannon (the barbarian kings brother) is complete? Or its a bug? I searched the all Zendarian territory (town, castle and 4 village) but i cant find him.

Social-Pariah

• View Profile
    • Awards
New Bugs Thread
« Reply #26 on: February 18, 2010, 03:19:53 PM »
Played the correct version now. ^^

Still getting bugged spawn points in villages for bandits random attacks and peasant training, spawning off the map, clumped together. If you jump then you're put on the edge of the map, but the opposition stays where they are and you can't get them.

The village I was in was Dumar.

Maybe the fetch me cows peasant mission could be scrapped... it's really irritating... and it pops up 70% of the time... : /

THEY'RE the farmers... "Oh Sir Knight do our job for us! And we might be more inclined to join your peasant-whipped forces."
*Grumbles*
Especially whilst you retain the herding mechanic from Vanilla, which is merely an aggravation in itself.

Had some deserters spawn on a river where they couldn't move from or be attacked, next to Maras Castle. Though they eventually managed to get free.

Any way for you to change the text size of the announcements on the left? As it's a bit of a mess when it gives you morale updates, which keep scrolling, and by the time you know your troops are being slaughtered it's a bit late to act.

Also it says "Debug Routine 2" now and then during every battle and occasionally enemies will just stand inanimate and wait to die for a bit before moving.

Is it just me... or are roaming troop spawns a little bit jarring, when something poofs up in front you, is there any way that it could not happen within sight radius?

I can't help but think the ladder to Grunwalder Castle, is too steep, causing troops to slowly edge up and on occasion slide straight back down again, making the battle even more steeped in the favour of the defender than need be. As well as this the relative cliff next to the ladder... which none of the troops care about and are quite happy to ponder up under crossbow fire seems a tad much.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2010, 04:53:40 PM by Social-Pariah »

xGhost4000x

• View Profile
    • Awards
New Bugs Thread
« Reply #27 on: February 18, 2010, 03:48:06 PM »
Did you save it before you entered the village?

Here is the fix. Just put it in the "SceneObj" folder. Let me know if it works...

It's a quick fix however if each village is missing the entry points then it could take a while to get each one. If you happen to come across it again let me know so I know whichever village you ran into is missing it.

Attachments:
« Last Edit: February 18, 2010, 03:49:15 PM by xGhost4000x »

Social-Pariah

• View Profile
    • Awards
New Bugs Thread
« Reply #28 on: February 18, 2010, 03:49:41 PM »
Quote from: "xGhost4000x"
Did you save it before you entered the village?
Indeed I did.

Ooo, thank you. ^^

And will do.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2010, 03:52:39 PM by Social-Pariah »

Social-Pariah

• View Profile
    • Awards
New Bugs Thread
« Reply #29 on: February 18, 2010, 04:30:50 PM »
Quite often the announcements on the left stop showing at all during battle...

Also I'll list more villages encountered with problems here.

Emirin.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2010, 04:43:15 PM by Social-Pariah »